New shippo user with questions

I printed my first label with shippo this morning. Luckily for me I hadn't sold anything since the new platform has been mandated ;).

Most importantly, I was able to print it, so I'm feeling OK.  My observations/questions for those of you who have printed more of them:

1. My parcel weighed 165G.  I put that in, but got a message along the lines that the weight was not the same as the total parcel weight.  Found how to modify, put in .165 and it changed it to .17.  Fine - made sure both weight fields had .17 and it seemed happy.  On the actual label it put in .170 KG in the gross weight field and .169 in the net weight field.  Guess this is how it works, minor - just weird??

2.  I didn't get prompted with any kind of "are you ready to pay" and print?  I was just all of sudden at the print screen and there didn't seem to be a way to go back (I wanted to change something, but I guess I was too late?).  It used to be quite clear when I was about to pay when I printed via Paypal, so I was expecting similar step in the process.  I'm guessing I paid somewhere along the way....   Maybe I only got charged AFTER I printed, so it was still safe to try to go back and make changes?  I ended up making my changes by hand on the printed label, not very professional :(.

3.  When I printed the label, it printed really close to the top and left hand of my paper, so some of the text was cut off on the left and the bar code was just BARELY completely there.  Is there a way to add some left/right margin within shippo or do I have to adjust via my printer? 

Any tips for smooth label printing would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The label seemed to fit better when I changed the  default from portrait to landscape.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks jnicholss

Great feedback.

Shippo is working on the issues you mentioned, with the exception of the label print layout issue - that one is new. 

Can you tell me what type of printer you are using? I'll pass this along to our friends at Shippo.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks jnicholss

Great feedback.

Shippo is working on the issues you mentioned, with the exception of the label print layout issue - that one is new. 

Can you tell me what type of printer you are using? I'll pass this along to our friends at Shippo.

Hi Rodney

Is there anyway all these separate posts could be moved into one pinned post for shipping until all the issues are resolved. They are cluttering up the board with same questions from different people.

It would make the boards more enjoyable as many people don't use any of them at all and don't want to weed through all of the posts to find anything of interest.

Thank you for your consideration.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dutchman48 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks jnicholss

Great feedback.

Hi Rodney

Is there anyway all these separate posts could be moved into one pinned post for shipping until all the issues are resolved. They are cluttering up the board with same questions from different people.

It would make the boards more enjoyable as many people don't use any of them at all and don't want to weed through all of the posts to find anything of interest.

Thank you for your consideration.

Thanks. That would make things easier for me too.

I'll ask Tyler to set up an official Shippo thread somewhere this week, and perhaps we can funnel the traffic that way.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The label seemed to fit better when I changed the  default from portrait to landscape.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Strange, my label printed in landscape but it seems it was automatic, I didn't have to make any change.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been away with limited internet access..  I've printed many more labels now, and figured out how to add space to my label where I need them by changing one of the printer's settings.  My printer is a Brother laser, MFC-L2740DW.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply