SHIPPO. PO won't accept package

I don't post here often, but ...in case anyone else has the same issue

First time using Shippo today.

Created Shippo  account, and printed label.

Label printed successfully, so I assumed all was correct.

I took package to post office, their system would not accept it:

REASON – Distribution order blocked for credit.

I contacted Shippo support, their reply (in part):

"We've had other customers report this issue, and believe we know how to resolve it. We spoke directly with Canada Post, and they informed us that they are working to re-communicate the changes that are part of Shippo becoming the eBay suggested shipping option to their retail locations. ....

....To rectify the situation, Canada Post suggested that if the Post Office employee is selecting "On Account" as the payment method, it could be generating an incorrect response. The option that the Canada Post worker should be selecting is "Supplier Account". This will allow the packages to be accepted without error."

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

I recently had the interesting experience of paying for a CPO label with postage stamps. The only question the young lady had was whether she could stick the stamps on the back of the envelope. (BTW, yes.)

The older clerk tends to look at us with dread. In part because we have strange mailings and in part because DH gets and mails large heavy boxes. Always covered in stamps. Because: philately.

Message 21 of 57
latest reply

Is Canada Post , Ebay, and shippo going to  pay you for the time ?

That should equal to $5000 an hour according to their standards.   Good luck.

Message 22 of 57
latest reply

The older clerks can have their looks all they want. Their job is one of the easiest, cushiest on the planet and they need to take it upon their duty to get informed about their world.

I was laughing / crying that some other ebay member was contemplating going into CP office and 'educate' the staff about Shippo..that's NOT our job.

If it was, we would have benefits on CP payroll and stocks in Feebay.

Message 23 of 57
latest reply

The old biddies that work at the postal counter in drug stores are not employees of Canada Post. They work for and are paid by the drug stores. They don't have fancy benefits or job security, and they probably make minimum wage. 

Message 24 of 57
latest reply

@of-the-world wrote:

The older clerks can have their looks all they want. Their job is one of the easiest, cushiest on the planet and they need to take it upon their duty to get informed about their world.

I was laughing / crying that some other ebay member was contemplating going into CP office and 'educate' the staff about Shippo..that's NOT our job.

If it was, we would have benefits on CP payroll and stocks in Feebay.

Well my job is to get the parcel to the buyer. If the postal outlet can't process it and I knew how to process it of course I'm going to help them. What is the alternative...to leave the parcel sitting there until someone else who's job it is goes to help?? 

Although I'm not a fan of the post office union, I really doubt that postal workers have easy or cushy jobs.

Message 25 of 57
latest reply

In Milton Ontario I had to go to a post office in the next town to find a postal clerk that knew how to process my Ebay Shippo packages...at the main post office in Milton the manager kept insisting that I needed to pay for shipping...clearly Canada Post does not inform or train its employees...I went to Georgetown (15 minute drive) and the clerks there knew how to process my package. I have been using Ebay shipping for years...you would think Canada Post would be more accomodating to small business. They sure advertise enough saying they do just that..

if you have similar problems you can contact the Canada Post customer service at 1 800 27 1177

they need to get their act together for small busiiness.

Message 26 of 57
latest reply

I got also same case here.. I don't know what goin on with Shippo but EBay should do something about it...
Message 27 of 57
latest reply

If printing out your Shippo label gives you a receipt, you can just drop the parcel in the nearest postbox.

No need to go to the post office at all.

Message 28 of 57
latest reply

On the other hand, in three attempts today to print a Shippo! label, I have been unable to print any of them.

So Snap Ship remains my choice for parcels.

For everything else.

100x 90 1.jpeg

Message 29 of 57
latest reply

Is the problem with the printing itself or the processing or...?

Message 30 of 57
latest reply

I've been using Snap Ship due to the 15 per cent discount that's now discontinued. The only label
I purchased through Shippo printed fine but I had problems with acceptance. Now that we all know it must be categorized as a 'supplier account' I hope things will run smoothly in the future. I'm somewhat dreading the next shipment to be honest. Hopefully, all goes well with it. Shippo, that is. I'm very sad that extra Snap Ship discount is gone.
Message 31 of 57
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

Speaking as a postal clerk, this appears to be both a Shippo and Canada Post issue (as well as an eBay issue in some regard).

The Shippo labels are different than the old labels that printed out on PayPal, and they are also different than the labels you would print out on Canada Post EST. If you look at the bottom right-hand corner of the label they say "SA" - meaning that the funds are being taken from a "supplier account" (in this case, the supplier is Shippo). The lady I was speaking to at the retail help desk told me it was similar to a company that was printing postage from a postal meter.

The problem is that when a Canada Post clerk scans the label into the computer as they normally would do when inducting a parcel, it defaults to "On Account" (i.e. as if you were printing off Canada Post website; in that case your 'account' is your SFSB account) - this is going to throw up the various errors because the system is under the impression that the label has not been paid for. The clerk has to be knowledgeable enough to identify that small "SA" on the label (which is normally not the case for pre-printed labels), and then switch the inducted method from "On Account" to "Supplier Account". I've been working as a postal clerk for over a year now and I didn't even know this, so the fact that the vast majority of clerks are having difficulty with this does not surprise me.

I would have to imagine Canada Post can reconfigure their RPOS to recognize the Shippo labels separately and automatically default to "Supplier  Account", but that probably requires some back-end work that isn't a high priority for them, and it also requires Canada Post to be in good communication with Shippo, which, from what I understand, they are not. eBay put out an announcement on July 30th saying that if the clerk was having trouble inducting the parcel they should call the retail help line - I had to call and speak with four representatives at the retail help line before anyone even knew what I was talking about.

I printed my first Expedited label with Shippo yesterday (because Snap Ship doesn't have the discount anymore 😞 ) When I arrived at the Post Office, it scanned but stopped there for "credit" issues. When the 3rd person told me what was going on in details, I explained to him that he should choose "supplier account" instead of "On account".

He kept insisting that was not the way to do it, that the "supplier account" was just for the stores in the mall, etc. I told him to just try it please. He finally did, but kept telling me "maybe it's a way for not paying postage, that the package would probably be returned to me at the sorting plant, blah blah blah" Even if I explained that it was the method eBay told us to use, he did not seem to believe me. But it worked. I thanked him anyway and went home. This morning, my package was delivered.

Next time, I'll bring a printed copy of eBay's announcement and will point out the letters at the bottom of the label if need be (I thought about this just *after* I left).

Message 32 of 57
latest reply

Don't get me started on the ignorance of some of those drug store postal counter hires. I'm having issue right now with a domestic INR that went to Lost Lettermail Land because the person working a the counter told me it needed less postage stamps than I darn well suspected but couldn't get into a big debate about since I was standing there with my kids. I sent it with the postage he said it required and now it's MIA and I've lost that order, plus replacing it for free with upgrading to tracking so it's losses on top of losses for me all due to the person selling stamps not knowing their weight and dimensions. 

Will I get it back eventually for too-little postage? Or will it just and in some warehouse where they'll eventually burn it?

Did Shippo change their payment flow? I'm printing two labels with it today. Will I be charged as I go?

Message 33 of 57
latest reply

At least tracking and Shipped status is uploading from Shippo to ebay in real time now. 

Message 34 of 57
latest reply

You're lucky, because it didn't for me. I had to enter it 36 times yesterday. A real hassle.

I just printed a PayPal label (for a purchase not on eBay), and it also has the SA/CF letters at the bottom (Supplier Account / Compte fournisseur). Are they all using this now? I never noticed it on Snap Ship.

Message 35 of 57
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Did Shippo change their payment flow? I'm printing two labels with it today. Will I be charged as I go?

It was changed for me because I asked them to. But I don't know if they made the change for everyone else...

Sorry to read about your lost package. Hopefully, it will be returned to you. But next time, insist on paying more (after all, it's your money not his). Or just buy stamps and drop it in a mailbox.

Message 36 of 57
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:
I just printed a PayPal label (for a purchase not on eBay), and it also has the SA/CF letters at the bottom (Supplier Account / Compte fournisseur). Are they all using this now? I never noticed it on Snap Ship.

The letters I see for Expedited parcel are

CC for Canada Post's EST Online -- unchanged from start of year

SA/SF for PayPal now -- used to be A/C at the start of the year

-..-

Message 37 of 57
latest reply

So it looks like it's been a while and I've been using Snap Ship since I can't afford to have delays in my shipping in order to maintain my rating.   Does anyone know if this whole Canada Post - Shippo thing has been resolved yet?

Message 38 of 57
latest reply

The silence over the past few months on any of the Shippo threads, would indicate either sellers are happy with the way things are going or have resigned themselves to the extra steps it takes for working around any issues.

For myself, I have never used Shippo...have never signed up for it...I have avoided it ...and since my sales have become so few & far between over the past 6 months, there has been no reason for me to even consider using Shippo, as any savings on the few shipments I have had, is not worth signing up for a shipping method that has not proven to me that it is even needed for the few eBay sales I am experiencing this year...

Message 39 of 57
latest reply

I've been using it since the beginning and I have no troubles with it at all -- beyond the problem that clerks at the authorized dealer counters seem to experience when being given one. I do believe, however, that is a Canada Post training issue as opposed to a sHippo issue. 

Message 40 of 57
latest reply