Shipping is incorrectly calculating fees when ordering more than one - how can I fix this? Thanks!

I have 50 items - I list shipping both local and international - a fee for each - however, if ordering more than one, shipping automatically indicates an additional fee of 4.95 when in the description I indicate additional items at 1.50 - how can I fix this?  

I have 5 listing and this happened in each.  

Thank you...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Shipping is incorrectly calculating fees when ordering more than one - how can I fix this? Thanks!

If you click on the shipping tab it says that Canadians pay $4.95 shipping for each extra coin so you have set it up like that.  You can bulk revise the listings that need to be changed by going to my ebay - active listings. Click on the box on the left of the listings that you want to revise then click on edit. In the bulk edit screen you can click on domestic shipping and enter the amount that you want for shipping one item and then each additional item.  This will only work for when someone purchases 2 or more of the same item.  If you want people to pay $1.50 for different $20 coins that they purchase you would have set up combined shipping in site preferences.

If you prefer you can also click on revise item on each listing and do one at a time.

You don't have any combined shipping set up for the US or other countries so if you want to give combined shipping for those buyers you would have to set that up as well. 

Have you compared your shipping charges to do what other sellers are charging?  $5.95 within Canada for lettermail seems excessive to me and $14.95 to everywhere else seems really high.  You should also consider setting up the shipping cost to the US separately as it is less expensive to ship there than to an overseas location. Ultimately it is up to you what you charge of course.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I would suggest that you limit your two higher priced items to US and Canada only. For the more expensive one I would definitely use a service that allows you to get a signature from the buyer. To the US you would need to send it xpresspost to get a signature. When you send an item overseas there are some countries that may not offer signatures which is way you should be careful as to where you send your items.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks, PJ for taking the time - great info!!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply