Shippo sucks

I tried it at the start and had problems my tracking numbers were not showing up post office did not know what to do went to paying cash for a month tried shippo again first day worked next day tracking number not showing up again no more shippo for me they suck went right to paypal and paid and made lable like i use to do no problem bye bye shippo
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Shippo sucks

Many of the reported problems seem to be at the PO counter, with uninformed staff.

Has anyone tried just dropping the parcels into the mailbox?

Are the terminals rejecting Shippo parcels?

Since I have been unable to  get as far as printing labels with Shippo, I don't even know if they provide the sender with a paper copy of the label, as SnapShip does, or if either they or Canada Post provide sender and recipient with email notice of acceptance.

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

Have not & will not use Shippo until or unless this shipping system works as good as either PayPal directly or Canada Post Snap Ship. I will not waste my time with Shippo. Yes, it means higher shipping costs(less discount), but convenience, quick & ease of use are worth it to me.

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

I won't use Shippo till all the bugs are worked out. Have heard nothing but horror stories. I have been using Snap Ship through Canada Post to print labels but only for trackable items such as Expedited.  All my other sales which are mostly Small Packet without tracking, I do things the old fashioned way.  I fill out the customs forms (I get a stack of them at PO) by hand at home & deliver them to my local post office. Have not had any problems & have not wasted my precious time.

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

(1) postal workers should select "Supplier Account" as payment method for Shippo expedited parcel labels.

expedited pp 1707.jpg

2) You could take the receipt (the page part you cut off the shipping label) with you to the P.O.

CPC expedited cost.jpg

3) You can also check your Canada Post Solutions for Small Business account dashboard to see if the label is in the Canada Post system.

CPC-parcel dashboard.jpg

-..-

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

I have been using eBay for years and the only change has been Shippo, now I have nothing but issues with trying to get a working shipping label.  

Blaming Canada Post seems to be misguided and illogical.

Has anyone dared to try UPS with Shippo?

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

Shippo is okay, you just need to deal with a couple small things.

1. The process for the cashier at Canada Post to scan it in is a big hassle for them and they joke to me about it almost everytime. They also don't always do it correctly. I scanned one package in and had to go back later that day cause the tracking didn't show I dropped it off. When I went back they scanned it in properly only after I brought it up. Luckily I was hesitant and checked it otherwise I would of had a late shipment. I am guessing these are just minor issues that can be fixed over time, people just need to get used to the system.

2. I don't always get charged immediately for my shipping. last week I waited around 8 hours for them to take the funds out of my PayPal. Then just a couple days ago it took them over a whole 24 hours to take the funds out. I was worried for a bit that they didn't scan it in properly, but the tracking said it was on route so I was starting to think I may of got free shipping for once. Then they removed the funds the next night.

I am going to stick with Shippo cause it is worth it to me to get expedited parcel cheaper then regular parcel. It means much more happier customers in the end. You just need to be very patient to work with it and check your tracking numbers after you drop off your packages. If the cashier you see regularly knows how to do it, then you should be fine.

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

am being very patient...

waiting this all out from afar...

not using Shippo until it is as reliable as PayPal directly or Canada Post Snap Ship. There are still discounts using PayPal directly or Snap Ship, just smaller discounts. It is worth it to me to wait it out by not using Shippo at all...

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

9638s
Community Member

Accidentally purchased a label using the wrong service and cancelled it immediately (immediately meaning I had to wait 14 minutes to cancel a label). Now they are keeping my money as an account credit instead of giving me a refund. Everything I can find on ebay says I should get a refund to my PayPal account.

Print, reprint, or void labels singly, in bulk, or from mobile.

Shipping more than one order? You can apply the same carrier and service to all selected orders at once. Need to tailor your approach for certain orders? Edit individual orders within your bulk order as much or as little as you like. Apply different weights and dimensions, carriers, or services as needed.

Labels can be reprinted or voided directly from your Shippo dashboard. Refunds for voided labels are credited directly back to your PayPal account.

Reprinting or voiding shipping labels

Go to My eBay > Shipping labels to reprint or void a label.

The refund for any voided label may take up to 25 days to appear in your PayPal account.

Step backwards from printing from PayPal. 

Don't like the bulk billing or that it takes hours to days to get billed.

And apparently refunds don't exist.

Ditch them and go back to the way it was.

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

There's an "Ask Shippo" post open at the top of the "Shippo Central" board where Shippo is answering questions from eBay sellers. I think this would be a great thing to post there and get an official response from Shippo, especially since I know there are likely other users who have the same, or similar, concerns about refunds.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Shippo-Central/Ask-Shippo/td-p/383108/

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

The ask Shippo thread is now closed but there is imformation on one of the posts about asking to be billed more quickly when you print a label. There is also an email address in the third post that is just for ebay shippo users if you want to ask them about your refund. 

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

I dropped it off at a box after the postal clerk could not scan the barcode. What a huge mistake, package is now not track able, somewhere from Toronto to uk. Buyer has submitted a item not received and ebay/paypal have refunded his payment of $200.00 CDN.

Now I'm hoping  that item shows up and he refunds the refund?? Just a note I have shipped items via Canada Post via ebay and paypal with never a problem until this daft shippo deal that one has to join.

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

Bear in mind eBay sellers DO NOT have to "join" or use Shippo if they do not wish to do so...unless they want to take advantage of better discounts on some of the shipping methods. I have not signed up for Shippo. I continue to use PayPal shipping labels as I have the integrated Canada Post Solutions for Small Business/PayPal which gives the ability to go directly through PayPal and continue to use PayPal shipping labels as usual, but with smaller discounts than Shippo on some shipping methods.

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

Which Canada Post service did you use?

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

At first glance the seller is led to believe that this is the only way acceptable way to post an item.

Message 15 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

Agreed! eBay dropped PayPal, made their deal with Shippo, announced the change, implying that Shippo was what sellers had to use...but those of us who were a little bit more skeptical about it all, dug a little deeper and found those alternative shipping methods; albeit not as good discounts, but a whole lot more convenient and a whole lot more hassle free...

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

The website today stated my refund would stay in my Shippo account. 

The website also (conveniently) had a link to their contact phone number which didn't work.

They ALSO mentioned they might never return your phone call (wtfit?), they'll try to email you. 

Not only that, it looks like their home page is on Facebook. I'm too old to believe that a real company uses facebook as their company's home page! Really Canada Post? I hope you get bought out by USPS and we can all get some peace of mind.

Message 17 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean by "which Canada Post service"??  Please advise.  Thanks.

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you mean by "which Canada Post service"??  Please advise.  Thanks.

Zombie thread.

eBay discount rates through Shippo have a better discount than Canada Post's Solutions for Small Business for the following services:

Canada - Expedited Parcel

USA - Small Packet, Tracked Packet and Expedited Parcel

International: Small packet Air

PayPal has a better discount than Canada Post's Solutions for Small Business for the following services:

USA - Small Packet USA

International: Small packet Air

All other postal services via Shippo/PayPal should match the Canada Post Solutions for Small Business online rate.

All subject to change January 15, 2018 when the new parcel rates kick in.

-..-

Message 19 of 36
latest reply

Shippo sucks

Agreed, Shippo sucks.

Still having issues accepting my parcels. The scan never works, They have to manually punch in something to make it go through.

No Phone help available like PayPal. Although they did say it would come and now say they have found email to be the best method.

My reply was that makes no sense. Email in the only method you have tried. Phone service is not coming.

As George would say yada yada yada.

Message 20 of 36
latest reply