"you just paid Shippo $28.85" Just popped up on my phone and I didn't do anything.

Okay so I've been using the Shippo service to print out my labels. I noticed tonight that Shippo automatically removed the $28.85 CAD funds from my paypal account. I'm kind of confused as to why this was automatically billed to my account?

Any help would be appreciated as I don't sell a lot of items so the $28.85 was quite the blow to my account. Is this a monthly payment on top of the shipping for using their services?

Thanks before hand!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

"you just paid Shippo $28.85" Just popped up on my phone and I didn't do anything.

I've been avoiding Shippo! but:

I understand you can choose to pay with a cc or with PP.

And that in either case there is a delay in billing.

Sigh.

This is another reason I am sticking with postage stamps.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Just seems weird as a $28.85 bill should not be removed from my Paypal account and I don't actually know why or whom to notify or ask the question to.

Most of my shipping is around the 10 dollar range so a $28.85 CAD charge from Shippo for no reason doesn't make sense. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@frugalbeaver wrote:

Okay so I've been using the Shippo service to print out my labels. I noticed tonight that Shippo automatically removed the $28.85 CAD funds from my paypal account. I'm kind of confused as to why this was automatically billed to my account?

Any help would be appreciated as I don't sell a lot of items so the $28.85 was quite the blow to my account. Is this a monthly payment on top of the shipping for using their services?

There should be nothing extra.

Shippo bills you once a week (not immediately) for shipping label purchases (more often if the amount owed is over $100).

To see your label purchases sign into goShippo and check the Shipments section:

shipped.jpg

Add up $ amounts for the labels purchased in the week before the invoice date and that should equal your invoice amount that was charged to PayPal.

Label purchases via Shippo are not taken immediately from your paypal account like paypal does for labels through paypal.

-..-

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Label purchases via Shippo are not taken immediately from your paypal account like paypal does for labels through paypal.

-..-

But it could. Just send an email to Shippo by using "eBay CA Information" -> "Shippo Billing Process" -> "Submit a Request" -> in the "category" drop down menu, select "eBay Canada or Canada Post". Then fill out the rest. They will decrease your minimum purchase price to $0.05. The money is still not taken out *immediately*, but it is within a few hours (if not less sometimes).

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

But it could. Just send an email to Shippo by using "eBay CA Information" -> "Shippo Billing Process" -> "Submit a Request" -> in the "category" drop down menu, select "eBay Canada or Canada Post". Then fill out the rest. They will decrease your minimum purchase price to $0.05. The money is still not taken out *immediately*, but it is within a few hours (if not less sometimes).

It is an alternative option.

But I don't expect 5 cents to last as requestable minimum if the bean counters get involved, since paypal's minimum processing charge is 30 cents per transaction. Canada Post doesn't have anything for under $7, but other Shippo label purchase fees start at 5 cents.

-..-

Message 6 of 6
latest reply