A Suggestion: a "My eBay Links" list.

We have Wish Lists, Watch Lists, etc. etc., but there are eBay pages which are hard to find, but when you need them, you need them, and then have to hunt for them.  Often it's easier just to google the page than go through eBay's site looking for them!

My suggestion is a prominent link on My eBay for "My eBay Links".  When a user is on an eBay page they want to save in their Favorite Links they would click on the URL in the browser address bar and get the option to add it to a  list of favorite eBay links with a title of their own choosing.  In My eBay, the list would appear as a drop-down when the user clicks on "My eBay Links".  This would not work for listing pages so that it did not conflict with the saved lists already offered.

This would provide eBay with useful information about what pages are hard to find for members, and make life easier for the rest of us.

Whaddayathink??

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I think that's a great idea that would improve a user's experience with the ebay site. 

There is a Weekly Chat with Ebay Canada staff on Wednesdays; why don't you come back and pitch it then? Link below.

Even though it's called the Discussion Board Hour, the ebay Canada staff person, Raphael, has been leaving it open overnights to allow for more members to participate. 

Join the Weekly Board Hour where eBay Canada staff will be available every Wednesday to answer questions from 1PM - 2PM Eastern.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I think it would be very good and very handy.  There is no "storage area" for eBay bits we want to remember and come back to, so over time I have a bookmarked favorites file of eBay things when I need them but there is always something I need to look up and have to go hunting.  Also my Bookmarks are not on any other computer so I have to be home on my desktop to use them.

The most annoying thing for me has been the new and terrible SITE MAP at the bottom of the page.  It used to be tight, compact and visually easy to quickly locate anything.  Now its just a long sprawling mess.  I just can't believe ANYONE would think thats an improvement.  

You have a really good idea.  "My eBay Links" would be so much more useful than the way they have set up the all the "things you FOLLOW" now.  Knowing eBay they'll still have to call it "Links You Follow", but if at least they were all there at our fingertips no matter where the user happened to be  that would be excellent. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@i.am.vivian wrote:

I think it would be very good and very handy.  There is no "storage area" for eBay bits we want to remember and come back to, so over time I have a bookmarked favorites file of eBay things when I need them but there is always something I need to look up and have to go hunting.  Also my Bookmarks are not on any other computer so I have to be home on my desktop to use them.

The most annoying thing for me has been the new and terrible SITE MAP at the bottom of the page.  It used to be tight, compact and visually easy to quickly locate anything.  Now its just a long sprawling mess.  I just can't believe ANYONE would think thats an improvement.  

You have a really good idea.  "My eBay Links" would be so much more useful than the way they have set up the all the "things you FOLLOW" now.  Knowing eBay they'll still have to call it "Links You Follow", but if at least they were all there at our fingertips no matter where the user happened to be  that would be excellent. 

I am using FireFox as my main browser and have created a FireFox account. I can sync the FireFox browser on my home desktop to my laptop and have the same toolbars and saved bookmarks. Anything I save on either system is available on the other.

I have several folders on my Bookmarks toolbar in FireFox, one for eBay.ca, eBay.com, Canada Post, USPS, and so on.

I suppose I could install FireFox browser on my phone and on the iPad too if I want. Never bothered since my big  thumbs on the iPhone with my old eyes make replying to a post challenging.  On the iPad it is a little better but I find trying on the screen keyboard not so friendly either.

I suppose Google Chrome, Opera and Internet Explorer browsers all allow some sort of sync too.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Safari does. I never use it.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@milezero wrote:

We have Wish Lists, Watch Lists, etc. etc., but there are eBay pages which are hard to find, but when you need them, you need them, and then have to hunt for them.  Often it's easier just to google the page than go through eBay's site looking for them!

My suggestion is a prominent link on My eBay for "My eBay Links".  When a user is on an eBay page they want to save in their Favorite Links they would click on the URL in the browser address bar and get the option to add it to a  list of favorite eBay links with a title of their own choosing.  In My eBay, the list would appear as a drop-down when the user clicks on "My eBay Links".  This would not work for listing pages so that it did not conflict with the saved lists already offered.

This would provide eBay with useful information about what pages are hard to find for members, and make life easier for the rest of us.

Whaddayathink??

Make your own folder in your bookmarks and put in it all the links you need.

That's what we have been doing and it works very well.

No need to wait for eBay to set something up for you.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply