About eBay.UK and eBay.UA

kentekis
Community Member

I've noticed that when you go to eBay.AU it requires you to re-establish a new password and username? Is this a legitimate eBay and if so why are they outside of the regular eBay Platform? Why are people not informed you are now moving to eBay.au and will be required to set up a new log in due to currency and legal requirements. Click here if you accept this and wish to move forward and outside of eBay.US platform.  

How do I trust that if I use the same eBay password that I am not giving away my information and opening myself up to scams?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You use the same password there as you do here.

It is completely legit although I understand your concern, I shared the same skepticism about it when I was new to ebay.

Ebay Canada is a separate part of ebay than ebay.com and ebay.co.uk and ebay.com.au and ebay.it or ebay.es or ebay.fr or ebay de and any other of the dozens of different ebays in different parts of the world. Every ebay site has its own currency. Every ebay site has its own sellers. They are all linked, that's true, but which site you purchase from, the site on which it is listed by its seller, may affect intricacies such as returns et cetera as there are subtly different regulations for business in other countries. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Note that the items are shipping from China so may take a very long time due to Customs slowdowns lately.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

As others said you can use your same ebay id and password on any other ebay site. I'm a bit confused by your screenshot though as you are referring to .AU and yet the url at the top of the page refers to ebay.ca.

If you are on .au the url would state that.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply