Advanced Search is acting flaky

footzie
Community Member

Searching for listings with autographs.  I know that sometimes listings just have the word "auto", so I used the Advanced Search and selected to search for autograph auto and selected from the drop down to use Any words, any order.  The search that displayed  put this in the search window:  (autograph, auto)

But, I was getting fewer results than when I just searched for autograph!

Tried this on the entire site:.  searching for autograph returned almost 2.5 million results,

while the search for (autograph, auto) return only 1.2 million results

searching just for auto  returned just under 1 million results, so it is not excluding those listings only with auto.

I've tried this for a few other words, like signature, and different words entirely, such as searching for Upper Deck sports cards, sometimes abbreviated to UD and get similar flaky results.

So, I am a little heartbroken that I have discovered these advanced search features that I have been using for many years in saved searches and in real-time don't appear to be reliable at all, and I might not be seeing some rare items that I am looking for.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I shattering anyone's dreams?  what can be done to get this issue reported to the proper channels and corrected?

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0