All my items as (Buy it Now / Fix Price) were not showing up in eBay main search results bar

I noticed almost all my items as (Buy it Now / Fix Price)  were not showing up in in eBay main search results bar. the last 2 weeks they disappeared altogether: over thousand items disappeared across ebay - no longer showing up in search results (although they are still active in my account). only my items as (Auction format) showing up normally! Is Ebay having a major technical issue? and, when I called them yesterday and today to complain, no one had filed any complaints about this, but I don’t know if they are going to fix my account or its eBay system issue? . I urge you to check your listings by searching for them on ebay. You can just search for your exact title and see whether it shows up in your search results. If not, you will need to call ebay to get it fixed. Please be in touch with any questions or to let me know how your experience goes. Hopefully this helps!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

All my items as (Buy it Now / Fix Price) were not showing up in eBay main search results bar

Well, it won't help much but I looked at your Canadian Search and Rescue decal, and it doesn't show when I use my BC address or switch to USA 90210.

Often the problem is with shipping destinations, but not in your case.

Baffling.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

And off topic, but-- your items do seem a good match for Free Shipping.

Which just means shipping is included in the asking price.

Rather than $12+$2.75 Small Packet, I think it could go LightPacket/Letter Post for $12.99 or $13.99 with Free Shipping.

For USA you make the cost of shipping $0.00 and like domestic include the LP cost in the asking price.

OH!

I looked at it again and there are two icons about third party hosting on your description.

Have you been updating to remove those?

You should have received an email (or twenty) about that.

I revised about 50 over the weekend working in one hour bursts. Took maybe three hours total  in part because I was revising a few points here and there.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@exact-deal wrote:

I noticed almost all my items as (Buy it Now / Fix Price)  were not showing up in in eBay main search results bar. the last 2 weeks they disappeared altogether: over thousand items disappeared across ebay - no longer showing up in search results (although they are still active in my account). only my items as (Auction format) showing up normally! Is Ebay having a major technical issue? and, when I called them yesterday and today to complain, no one had filed any complaints about this, but I don’t know if they are going to fix my account or its eBay system issue?

I tested a couple of your BIN listing titles (as selected form your View Listings link) and don't see them in a general search. The auctions I checked do show in search.

Of note:

If I use your View Listings link I see 1219 results both BIN and auction.

But if I refine the search to a sub-category the numbers drop and I only see auctions. For example Militaria has 1038 results, but when selected only 213 results are shown (all auction). Definitely an issue of some sort.

Suggestion: take an unseen active BIN, revise the title, save and see if shows in search after a few minutes.

Also check to see if you have any active content in your BIN listings.

I see my BIN listings in a general search, so it does not effect me.

-..-

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I search for a couple of your BIN listings too and I couldn't find them in search either.

I don't think that customer service always follow up on things or follow up quickly even though this is a major problem. If I were you I would contact tyler@ebay to tell what is happening. He may be gone now until Monday but it can't hurt to mention it to him.  Click on messages on top of this page and then compose new message to tyler@ebay.   He's a rep for the US but he does help us on .ca as well. He may be able to prod someone to look into the problem faster than customer service will.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you all for the efforts, time,ideas, suggestions.

I spent a lot of time with ebay agents on the phone, trying to solve this issue, but all they can do is to send report to the technical department to look at it, when the technical dept will see it/fix it God knows!

I tried to revise a lot of listings, even ended over 100 items and relist them back, after couple of hours I was able to see them on ebay main search results, but they stayed only 1 day then disappeared from ebay main search bar. 

If you go to any of my list and go to (see other items) and put item number or full title of any of my (buy it now) lists you will not be able to see it !! the only way to see it is by going to my eBay store and search there!! my sale drop 90% I hardly sale 1 or 3 items a day 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I found temporary solution for my issue is by revise my lists in bulk by making for example decrees prices -0.25, this trick will bring my list to show up in ebay main search results, but only for short time, like 1 or 2 days then will disappear again, I will keep doing that till my problem solve.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Did your revision include removing the java etc that those black buttons in the descriptions seem to refer to?

There is a prompt "Help me fix this" or something like that, which I used for the few remaining ones I had.

It doesn't show on the Revise in Bulk which is the usual Fecal Exhibition, but only in the one by one revisions.

I couldn't see what eBay was removing, possibly some legacy code from when I had an Auctiva crawl, but it seems to work.

Dreary and boring.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply