Blocking bidders on .ca site

Why are there so many problems blocking a bidder fron links on.ca. Constantly get an error message and have to continually muck around and then it takes you to .com.

What is going on with this.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, 

This page should now be fixed. I appreciate everyone's patience on this.

Thanks, 

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Here is the error I get

This page may have moved or is no longer available. Please try one of the following:
  • Check the Web address you entered to make sure if it's correct.
  • Try to access the page directly from the eBay Home page instead of using a bookmark. If the page has moved, reset your bookmark.
  • Enter keywords in the Search box and click the Search button. Or, browse through the many categories available at eBay.
  • If you are searching for a Help page, click the Back button on your web browser and select another Help page link or try entering different keyword combinations to find appropriate help topics.
  •  
    It then defauklts to my .com ID which is totally different.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Here is the error I get

This page may have moved or is no longer available. Please try one of the following:
  • Check the Web address you entered to make sure if it's correct.
  • Try to access the page directly from the eBay Home page instead of using a bookmark. If the page has moved, reset your bookmark.
  • Enter keywords in the Search box and click the Search button. Or, browse through the many categories available at eBay.
  • If you are searching for a Help page, click the Back button on your web browser and select another Help page link or try entering different keyword combinations to find appropriate help topics.
  •  
    It then defauklts to my .com ID which is totally different.

Hi dutchman48,

Can you please send me an email with the exact steps you're taking, as well as your browser details? Screenshots would be great as well.

Thanks,

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Kalvin, I have the same problem when trying to access my BBL on the .ca site. This is what I see when I click on the "Site Map" page, then on "Sell->Selling activities" or "Most Requested Links", then "Manage Bidders" :

ent.handler.JsHandlerObjectEnum} message * */ //>public void handleResponse(com.ebay.dsf.resource.html.event.handler.JsHandlerObjectEnum msg) handleResponse : function(msg) { if (msg.errors && msg.errors.length>0 ) { this.vj$.SojData.sojD = ""; } if (msg.response && msg.response.dataMap && msg.response.dataMap.SOJDATA) { this.vj$.SojData.sojD = msg.response.dataMap.SOJDATA; } if (msg.response && msg.response.dataMap && msg.response.dataMap.TDATA) { this.vj$.CalData.setData(msg.svcId, msg.response.dataMap.TDATA); } } }) .endType();

Would really like to get my BBL page back! Just had another non-payer and need to block them.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Kalvin, in this thread: 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Blocked-Buyer-List-Link-on-Summary-Store-Page-Doesn-t-Wor... said you'd look into it and someone did post a screenshot for you.

I was on the phone with someone who said the matter would also be looked into...that was almost 3 weeks ago now

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

"...and need to block them."

As indicated earlier in the other thread (link above) you can use the blocked bidder list on .com until the .ca link is fixed.

It is the SAME list.  Sellers have ONE eBay account - it does not matter if the block is done on eBay.com or eBay.ca : SAME results.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Interesting Pierre....did we ask for a "roundabout" way of getting past the problem?

No, we want the link on our .ca selling summary page to be fix.

I was told it was being looked into but it must be a monumental problem because it's almost been a month.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

"did we ask..."

You did not but other readers may want a workable solution NOW.  They want access to the "blocked bidder list" NOW. And it is available to all sellers.

Others may not be as patient as you are. 

You want to wait for eBay.ca to correct that technical problem....good luck.  History has shown how looooooong it takes sometimes for the folks at eBay (in San Jose) to correct what they view as small technical problems affecting eBay.ca.

Sometimes you have to be pragmatic and use a "roundabout" to get the job done on eBay  That should be the first priority.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I appreciate the additonal information. I'll try getting this fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks,

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone, 

This page should now be fixed. I appreciate everyone's patience on this.

Thanks, 

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Hi Kalvin

Seems to be working fine now. Thank you very much for your assistance.

John

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 12
latest reply