Bought polish - paid US and not CAD

Have noticed a few times that if I don't add something to my cart before buying that I am charged American currency. This happened again today. Anyone else having this issue? Does eBay take it upon themselves to correct this?
The currency is always screwy on listings. CAD is .75 to ever dollar US. 
Feeling had.
Photos are of the listing
What I paid
What I should have paid

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you are shopping on ebay dot CA but the Seller has listed in USD you will be charged in USD through PayPal .... PayPal conversion  rates for CAD to USD are not the exact same as ebay conversion rates as shown in an ebay listing

So check the listing if it shows USD with a "courtesy" conversion to CAD funds you will be paying USD for the item and you will pay whatever the PayPal conversion rate is for that day.

Below is an example of a USD listing on ebay.ca

usd.PNG

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is CLEARLY stated "US", didn't you notice it?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Foreign exchange fluctuates constantly.

Although retail banks (and Paypal) will only post rates once a day, the bank itself may be buying commercially (in the millions of units) at several different rates every hour.

In addition, there are exchange fees charged by Paypal (to the seller) and by your credit card (to the buyer).

So if the seller lists in US dollars, you will pay exactly that amount in US dollars.

But the approximate value in Canadian dollars may change between the time you agree to the deal and the time you actually pay.

It's not just US/ Canada by the way.

The same situation would appear if you were buying from a listing in Austria (euros), Russia (rubles), India (rupees) or New Zealand (dollars again).

Message 5 of 5
latest reply