Bugs(Plural)

Reply to Questions and Mail is Non Responsive and if it does finally let you reply it's after 15 minutes of load time(guessing).  Been happening for over a year, different browsers and OS used.  Happening on Win7 and IE, and on Win10 and Edge.  Reported directly over the phone last week.  This with nothing stored, no cookies, nothing, clean OS and browsers.  I have to contact them directly via search, and questions cannot be answered on my auction page.

We have to insert a size and weight for the item and shipping container when it's free shipping?  This is the case.  Applies to my listings which are active as of this message.  Why is this necessary anyway?  We get charged a fee to keep rates down, now E-Bay accuses us of lying and demands you get a weigh scale in order to sell.  Just stupid.

Counters/Page Views have been eliminated completely or are missing from the code now.  These are essential tools for some of us! 

The site is being programmed by misfits and run by idiots if you ask me.  I am a certified programmer and I sell here.  Apparently some at E-Bay wish to make it harder for us and more annoying to use.  Apparently no one new about messaging not working?  No one knew counters were missing now?  Just food for thought.

FOR E-BAY PROGRAMMERS

PUT THE COUNTERS BACK, I DID NOT GET A NOTICE THEY WOULD BE REMOVED.  FIX THE MESSAGING ISSUE, IT WORKED ONCE, SO YOU CHANGED THE CODE.  REMOVE THE MANDATORY WEIGHT/SIZE REQUIREMENT PORTION OF THE SELLING FORM, IT JUST TAKES LONGER TO LIST YOUR ITEMS, ESPECIALLY ON FREE SHIPPING.  DID YOU NOT THINK OF THE SELLERS WHEN YOU MADE THESE CHANGES?  I WAS NOT IN THAT GROUP YOU USED FOR TESTING, I WOULD HAVE FIXED THESE BUGS BEFORE THE REVISION.  I WOULD FIRE THEM FOR THESE ISSUES IF I WAS IN CHARGE.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Bugs(Plural)

I have  none of these issues. 

Have you tried another computer or web browser on your phone.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Bugs(Plural)

@crawler50 wrote:

Reply to Questions and Mail is Non Responsive and if it does finally let you reply it's after 15 minutes of load time(guessing).  Been happening for over a year, different browsers and OS used.  Happening on Win7 and IE, and on Win10 and Edge.  Reported directly over the phone last week.  This with nothing stored, no cookies, nothing, clean OS and browsers.  I have to contact them directly via search, and questions cannot be answered on my auction page.

I have not seen this problem/issue -- but then I use linux and firefox.

@crawler50 wrote:
We have to insert a size and weight for the item and shipping container when it's free shipping?  This is the case.  Applies to my listings which are active as of this message.  Why is this necessary anyway?  ...

Measurements are only required when you have calculated shipping turned on. Switch to flat rate shipping.

@crawler50 wrote:
Counters/Page Views have been eliminated completely or are missing from the code now.  These are essential tools for some of us!

I assume you refer to the counter at the bottom of the listing?

This is one of those oddball issues. If you do a fresh listing there is no counter. If you use "sell similar" or "relist" of a listing that already has the counter code then the "sell similar" or "relisted" listing will inherit the counter code.  But there is no longer any seller choice about having the counter (at least none I've seen).

-..-

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Bugs(Plural)

I haven't had any problems with messages either.

As the other poster mentioned the only time you need to enter weight etc is if you are using calculated shipping. In the 2 listings that you have with domestic free shipping you are using calculated shipping for international buyers. eBay can't calculate the shipping cost for the buyer unless you list the the package information, weight etc. Ir has nothing to do with eBay thinking that you are lying.

It is a good idea to have a scale even if you are charging a flat rate. Since the majority of your listings do not have free shipping, how do you know what to charge if you don't know the weight?

Regarding the counter....do you know that you can look at the number of views on your my eBay page?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply