Can't buy, add to cart or add to watch list on ebay.com (live in florida) I have to use ebay.ca

bruce
Community Member

has neen happening for about a week now no matter which pc I use. Called ebay...no help...suggested I use ebay.ca

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Can't buy, add to cart or add to watch list on ebay.com (live in florida) I have to use ebay.ca

@bruce wrote:

has neen happening for about a week now no matter which pc I use. Called ebay...no help...suggested I use ebay.ca

That make no sense. You're registered and based in the USA so should be able to use eBay.COM to buy.

The only reason I could think of is eBay rolled out some more changes for .com which .ca does not have yet.

Just checked by switching to ebay.com and I was able to put something in the cart with no problem -- using an old version of Firefox on a desktop computer (running Linux).

Have you checked for viruses etc on your computers?

Have you asked this question on the eBay.COM forums -- you'd have a better shot at a solution there.

-..-

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

PCs are fine. Run Malwaybytes and panda on a regular basis. A general google search shows others are having the same problem with no answers from ebay support..like me. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Same issue here. Losing sales big time.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It is a big problem which ebay is aware of. It started with me Friday am. I started getting emails... I'm trying to purchase and I can't . I started calling ebay Friday and got some real clueless CSRs very frustrating one said maybe your buyer doesn't know how to purchase, the buyer he was referring to has 12,867 feedback which I pointed out and said that I think it's safe to assume with that feedback they are familiar with feebay and know how to purchase. Sat. more emails I can't purchase .... more wasted time on the phone. By yesterday frustrated doesn't even come close to how I was feeling and now up to $300.00 in lost sales and trying to escalate the call is an exercise in futility .... after 1 CSR told me there is no difference in shipping to USA & International, it's all the same and so what if the buyer pays more.... asked to speak to supervisor and after being on hold for 46 minutes gave up. I know an old ploy .. put on hold an ignore. Finally got a person who seemed to know what they were doing understood the severity of, no one can buy, did say it would be escalated and fixed asap. They did seem thorough, checked all my listings that people were trying to buy .... no problem... checked the buyers end, no problem and did a mock buy on an item that the buyer was trying to purchase and got the same response as the buyer and then we got into a more positive conversation. A few hours ago I go an email from one of the buyers and now they are having the same problem trying to do a purchase within their own country .... they are not impressed .... their feedback is 503 so again I assume they know how to buy. I guess a lot of times our fees are for people to look, not buy. Which I did suggest in my numerous conversations over the  last 3 days. A question I also posed was, these people have emailed and told me the problems that they are having trying to purchase, how many more has this happened to and not emailed? Yes, I also pointed out forget about me the seller, look at all the potential money ebay is losing. A few did insist it was my buyers not knowing how to purchase and again back to their feedback discussion.

So if your sales have been slow the last few days it is very possible that it isn't no interest in your items but that no one can complete the purchase. FYI 3 buyers International each in a different country. One in Canada (BC) If this glitch is rolling/intermittent  I hope that my turn is over soon. Buyers also tried different sites with the same results.

I don't know how much longer I am willing to keep paying fees for a broken down site.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply