Cancelling a transaction

eleaniame
Community Member

Hello,

My seller and I are trying to cancel a transaction which has already been completed. However, the item won't be shipped due to a problem and so my seller wishes to refund me, so we are using eBay's resolution center to do so. The seller opened a case and all. It seemed easy, but sadly, everytime I try to click on the "Respond Now" button in the message, a window saying "The case information you requested is currently unavailable, please try again at a later time" message keeps appearing. I have no idea how to be refunded if this issue keeps going on, thus it's making me feel quite unsettled.

I'd appreciate the help... Is this normal? Should I leave it for a little while or is the site a bit glitchy or something?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cancelling a transaction

I have heard about their being some glitches with the cancellation function so that might be the problem for you now. The seller really should refund you before the transaction is cancelled anyway. If they go to their paypal account and click on your transaction there will be a refund link there. If it turns out that you still can't agree to the cancellation in a few days, the seller can phone ebay to get their fees refunded but you shouldn't have to wait for your refund.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Cancelling a transaction

I have heard about their being some glitches with the cancellation function so that might be the problem for you now. The seller really should refund you before the transaction is cancelled anyway. If they go to their paypal account and click on your transaction there will be a refund link there. If it turns out that you still can't agree to the cancellation in a few days, the seller can phone ebay to get their fees refunded but you shouldn't have to wait for your refund.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Cancelling a transaction

eleaniame
Community Member
Thank you for your reply! Refund through Paypal worked and the case information eventually showed up after several hours.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply