Change Password

I am angry. Here is my last hour of eBay experience. Someone texts me hey can you buy this on eBay for me Rage level 2.

Sure. Go to log in forgot password. Click text me temporary password, password does not match.... try again same thing... okay third times a charm...NOPE! Rage level 4

Okay try forgot password enter these numbers....click continue new numbers... type them in.... new numbers... type again new numbers...5 total tries guess what takes me back to log in screen. Rage level 6

Try on Table and cell pone same issues... Rage level 8.

Finally get it to work buy item.... you are committed to this item pay now okay.... screen is all messed up...try on cell phone still messed up try table still.... Rage level 10...

Get eBay notification pay now... click that pay bam done.... 

A two minute task took an hour dear eBay What the frustrated word. Using Google chrome on PC eBay app on phone and tablet...

No need to post how to fix or any comments really just venting cause I can't e-mail eBay they just want you to click items from a list to solve your problems. Check you website maybe why is this world going to **bleep** on service.Any business that had consistently good customer service would take over the world don't let it go to their heads. I will use eBay as a last resort when buying online from now on until every other site disappoints me.

Sincerely,

A customer who literally just wanted to change his password and buy something real quick...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Change Password

The phrase 'change password and buy something real quick' is a red flag for fraud so that's likely the reason you were made to do it slowly. Any ecommerce site that doesn't second-guess a password change followed by a purchase probably has issues.

As to Chrome, there is a long-standing problem with Google and ebay.

I can't speak to the rest.

Maybe try some deep-breathing exercises. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Change Password

@david2cool4you wrote:

Someone texts me hey can you buy this on eBay for me

Well, perhaps the solution is to realize that eBay has now frustrated you at this very moment.

That is what a 'fraudster' is hopefull will happen to thousands of others.

So, you could not remember YOUR password.

Now, ask, does this "Someone" not have access to eBay to buy it with their account?

IF they are a minor-child , then I can grant that there are exceptions. However, this is a short term frustration, when you consider what the fraudsters are trying to do. And you mention, that you are on a mobile device when you get a 'text message'.  By monitoring your 'wifi' connection, a fraudster can get ahold of your unsecured (but encrypted) wifi packets.

So, by having you go to other devices to authenticate it is really you, eBay has actually improved the chances that it is you, who is requesting the password change.

Bummers, that it took so long, but how long would you expect eBay to protect the rest of the community, from shill sellers and dishonest buyers?

Oh wait, no the item was not on Auction, but buy it now.

Oh it was on Auction, and the someone is trying to bid up the price on something they are selling?

No, it could not be that, you mentioned it is to "Buy on eBay for me", so it then must be something that is

A) Very unique and there are no similar items around.

B) Not so unique, and the "someone" is not being very smart, since most eBay listings run for 5 days on Auction, and 30 or more days for "Buy it Now" type stuff.

I hope you have better luck with your next purchase through eBay, and you can remember what your password was.

There is an App on your phone for password tools.

Perhaps that may help the next go round.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Change Password

If your friend doesn't have his own eBay and Paypal account, but is familiar enough with the site, and that you do have an account, to ask you to buy something for him, stop and ask what it is about HIM that makes it impossible to buy it himself?

Does he have no access to the internet?

No, because he apparently has a mobile. And that allows buying(and selling) on eBay.

Does he have no money?

Are you sure he will ever pay you?

Has he been kicked off the site for bad behaviour?

That's hard to accomplish. Should you trust him with your money? Your housekeys?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply