Default Currency switching back to Cdn everytime

I have been having an issue with Ebay where every auction i list is by default being set back to CDN currency. This is a new issues as I've been selling on ebay for 16 years and never had to do this change before. When I click on "Sell Similar Item" I would expect these preselected fields to stay the same, and they certainly always did in the past.. this seems to be the problem.

I've just spoken with Ebay Tech support and they were unaware of the issue and said they would have someone look into it but I've heard that before and seen little in the way of results so...

I would suggest that anyone with this issue PLEASE take the 10-minutes and call them. The more complaints they receive the better. They DO NOT monitor this forum, so discussing it on here isn't going to solve the problem.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

same problem!!!! Called eBay. Even the shipping & payment section is a problem!!!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I have phone 4 times regarding this  and will keep doing so till it gets addressed

They seem to have teck people who want to tweek the system which only screws up everyone

they tell me to go to relist an old item but if you don't have any you are screwed

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yeah, they keep telling me they were "unaware of the issue but will check into it".. I've heard that one before.
it's amazing really, a website that can generate billions of dollars in revenue and it continually gets worse.

Keep at it I guess, I will too with the hopes that SOMEONE at Ebay actually works in the technical department... i mean what do these guys do, sit around trying to make it buggy ? They aren't solving any problems.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I have now discovered how to do it

go to sell similar and change currency and this brings up 3 warnings

I finish changing what has to be changed in my listing for the new item and the only warning i need to fix was the shipping which i used the drop down bar to select a default shipping policy

After that i go to list and when finished i go to sell similar and repeat the process again

A few extra steps but i get what i want

I've asked Ebay to fix the warning nonsense

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks. I have already been manually changing from Canadian Back to US with every auction but that's not a permanent solution to the problem, it's an extra unnecessary step. When you click on "Sell Similar" these settings shouldn't have to be changed again but they do. This is precisely what I've been asking eBay to correct, so far without results.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

This is a Royal pain in the ass....I just had to cancel and do sell smilar for 2 listings in order to get US currency.

By force of habit, when i click "sell similar" I expect EVERYTHING to stay the same, but the currency keeps defaulting back to Canadian......come on EBAY get of your behind and fix this...costing me time and money
Message 7 of 7
latest reply