Email being flooded with "Your recent message to someone-here@members.ebay.ca was not delivered".

btherio
Community Member
Hi. Recently I am experiencing a large volume of emails all at once from eBay telling me that "Your recent message to someone-here@members.ebay.ca was not delivered". They come in batches of 20 or so delivery failures all within a minute. I don't see any outgoing messages in my eBay message Centre. I changed my eBay password. At first glance it seems like it's not a fishing attempt. Any idea what is happening here?
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Email being flooded with "Your recent message to someone-here@members.ebay.ca was not delivered".

@btherio wrote:
Hi. Recently I am experiencing a large volume of emails all at once from eBay telling me that "Your recent message to someone-here@members.ebay.ca was not delivered". They come in batches of 20 or so delivery failures all within a minute. I don't see any outgoing messages in my eBay message Centre. I changed my eBay password. At first glance it seems like it's not a fishing attempt. Any idea what is happening here?

A long shot...

Check your computer for viruses/etc that might have grabbed info from your email program.

You don't need to send messages through the eBay message centre to send messages -- your regular email program can also do that -- but those messages will only be successful IF the correct eBay mail token is also included in the message (hence all the failures to deliver).

-.-

Message 2 of 2
latest reply