Error - INET_E_REDIRECT_FAILED.

v5084
Community Member

I have this coming up when I try to open any ebay item. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Are you on a mobile device? What browser are you using? Can you switch to another or move to a desktop and see if that makes a difference? 

Message 2 of 50
latest reply

This seems to be the second question in less than an hour about this problem.

A temporary glitch perhaps?

Message 3 of 50
latest reply

On laptop...have tried Chrome, Firefox

and Explorer...no luck

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

I'm doing searches with no difficulty on the eBay iPhone app.
Message 5 of 50
latest reply

Also on Safari, it's fine.

Have you tried other or different search terms?
Message 6 of 50
latest reply

Yes, I've tried different searches etc. Comes up on every search when I try and open the specific item to bid on. Thanks 

Message 7 of 50
latest reply

For the last 3 days I have been getting a similar thing:

"This page isn’t working - www.ebay.ca redirected you too many times.  Try clearing your cookies.  ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS"

It only happens on ebay.ca not on .com  Whenever I click on an item it gives the error.  Yes I have completely deleted cookies etc.  I believe it is a Chrome problem.  It doesn't happen when I use MS Edge.  I did notice that .ca has some newly designed features/appearances so that may be part of it.

Message 8 of 50
latest reply

Strangely,  I can't make it work with Edge either. LOL

Message 9 of 50
latest reply

I have the same problem with Firefox, only on ebay.ca not ebay.com and only in English on ebay.ca in French I have no problem at all.
Message 10 of 50
latest reply

I've flagged this thread and the problem being described with eBay Canada staff in the Weekly Chat.
Message 11 of 50
latest reply

Me too - every time I try to open an item.   No problem on the US site, but can't do it on the Canadian site.

Message 12 of 50
latest reply

Right. But only eBay Canada in English, correct? It works on the French side?
Message 13 of 50
latest reply

Yes, English and Canada for me as well. Been about a week now.

Message 14 of 50
latest reply

My problem started Sat eve. Firefox would not allow redirect from watch list to the listing.Went to daughter's  Ipad which has message which allows to cancel redirect and see listing. Called up properties and it shows as Stagsbluekai redirect adware. Look it up in google. it's legit but untrusted so virusware won't pick it up. Everything else on ebay is ok. Followed previous posts advice and switch to french if want to see listing or bid. None of the google suggestions worked.  A minor inconvenience but at least i can carry on.

This is entirely ebay's fault for allowing bluekai to use ebay for a few extra pennies. Check other threads and see this has been going on for almost a year. Ebay doesn't seem to get a rat's Axx about fixing this. Administrator even shut one down because going on too long. And they don't think there's a problem.

So get off your overpaid butts at ebay and remove the bluekai!!!!!

Message 15 of 50
latest reply

Generally adware is attached to your computer even if you are just having problems with it on one particular site.  Have you tried deleting it with a product like Malwarebyte? It is free to download. There are some other good programs out there but I can't think of the names right now.

Message 16 of 50
latest reply

Tried that but no luck. Thanks for the idea.

Message 17 of 50
latest reply

It is also happening on Ebay Australia. I have tried Firefox and Internet Explorer and it happens on both on my laptop and also my daughters laptop. It works fine if I go into ebay.com for me as well, but I can't look at anything out on Ebay Australia.

Message 18 of 50
latest reply

Same here. Australia

Message 19 of 50
latest reply

So the gremlins creating this error have moved from ebay Canada English to ebay Australia? 

How odd. 

Message 20 of 50
latest reply