Error - INET_E_REDIRECT_FAILED.

v5084
Community Member

I have this coming up when I try to open any ebay item. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

There has been suggestion made on another thread that a similar error is created by third-party ads running on the site. Are any of you using an AdBlocker program? I am, and I haven't seen any of these errors. I wonder if installing a legitimate adblocker program would eliminate what you are seeing. 

Message 21 of 50
latest reply

I use Adblock Plus but the problem is still present with it disabled or not, even Malwarebytes does not find anything. I contacted ebay.ca customer service about this problem but their answers were not very useful.

Message 22 of 50
latest reply

Same problem here with Chrome on 2 different computers. Works on Safari. I have ad blockers but are disabled for Ebay so that's not the problem. Ebay.com works fine. .ca not at all. Only on listings.

Message 23 of 50
latest reply

I would not disable AdBlockers for Ebay; ebay is the reason I have them enabled. It was suggested on another thread that the third-party advertising is what has led to 'too many redirects' as an error. I'm not saying it's the definitive reason, but it may be a contributing factor. 

Message 24 of 50
latest reply

I have two adblockers. Adblock plus and fair adblocker. I have tried one or the other, alone, both together and both disabled. No luck.
Message 25 of 50
latest reply

This issue seems to be a big issue for international eBay sites.  Here is a topic in Technical Issues forum on eBay.com USA.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Err-Too-many-redirects/m-p/27326933

Message 26 of 50
latest reply

When I cleared my cookies, it didn't help. Someone on that thread linked above mentioned also clearing the cache. I just did, and ebay.ca links seem to FINALLY be working now.

Message 27 of 50
latest reply

Further to my link above, another user with this problem as explained on a different thread offers that:

Clearing 'Site Preferences' is the solution to fixing 'The page isn’t redirecting properly.'

Message 29 of 50
latest reply

Thanks, i went to the french version and was able to see the item pages
Message 30 of 50
latest reply

I confrm that
Message 31 of 50
latest reply

I'm have the same problem with both Firefox and Explorer

Message 32 of 50
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@v5084 wrote:

I have this coming up when I try to open any ebay item. Any suggestions?

Hi @v5084 - thanks for starting this thread and including screenshots (and to everyone else who's chimed in). I've gotten a report filed with the screenshots included and the accounts of people impacted here. I'll keep the thread updated as I hear back. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 33 of 50
latest reply

It is an EBAY problem with their server...it has nothing to do with the individual browser of choice.

Some people on this chat must be paid by ebay to negate any issue with the big boy.

My sales are way down since this issue was brought to light.

Message 34 of 50
latest reply

My sales are stable.
Message 35 of 50
latest reply

I suggest to all ebay seller to put their respective store on "vacation" until this MAJOR ISSUE is resolved.

This is a world wide problem.

User/chatter negating that problem are not helping.

Message 36 of 50
latest reply

mjwl2006...you have 8 sales in 10 days...stable??? maybe!

Stop negating the problem if you believe that you are not affecting by it...There is a server issue.

This is not something that any big corporation will openly admit...that will hurt them badly on the stock market.

They are working on it...for sure.

Message 37 of 50
latest reply

I'm not sure what leads you to those conclusions. I'm not negating the severity of it: I'm the person who brought it to the direct attention of eBay Canada staff.
Message 38 of 50
latest reply

Sorry if I jump to that conclusion but someone with close to 9000 posts on this discussion board tend to make me believe that you are some sort of a moderator working for the big boy...I could be wrong...it happens before.

Ebay Stores on vacation status will make the Tech Team work faster

Message 39 of 50
latest reply

If I have 9000 posts on ebay Canada's Community discussion board, it's because I come here to share my experiences and expertise as a buyer and seller for the past 11 years.
Message 40 of 50
latest reply