Error - INET_E_REDIRECT_FAILED.

v5084
Community Member

I have this coming up when I try to open any ebay item. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Also, eBay employees (such as above) are identified as such with a blue box around their posts and 'employee' as an identifier. Moderators are also identified as moderators. The rest of us are simply users.
Message 41 of 50
latest reply

My bad...keep up the good work

Message 42 of 50
latest reply

Hi everyone, just wanted to give you an update, and a request for help:

The tech team has responded and needs more information. As I'm not able to recreate the redirect error you're encountering, I'm asking you for more screenshots of the error. Specifically:

The exact steps you took to get there, and a screenshot including the complete URL when it happens.

The more examples I can provide them the more likely it is that we get more information on how to resolve this issue for you.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 43 of 50
latest reply

Here it is Tyler...as you could see on the screen shot...server error.

Step 1 - Loading my ebay on Firefox

Step 2 - Clicking on the Community link/button at the bottom of the page

Step 3 - it then happen...see picture

This is not an individual/seller/buyer browser issues.

I know it's Friday but someone has to put some pressure on your Tech Team.

Message 44 of 50
latest reply

It might not be the specific error you're looking for...but it shows how stable ebay servers are.

Message 45 of 50
latest reply

i meant unstable or stable sarcastically...your pick.

Have a great week-end all

Message 46 of 50
latest reply

Hi Tyler, I'm getting the ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS issue here. Started roughly the same time this thread was opened.

Step 1. Open eBay.ca

Step 2. Randomly click on an item.

Step 3. Receive ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS error.

Step 4. Click "reload". Go to step 3 or step 5 (seemingly at random).

Step 5. Get redirected to http://pages.ebay.ca/itm/... with ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS showing.

Step 6. Click "reload".

Step 7. Get "eBay - Page Not Found" page.

I've never opened this item before, it was just on Daily Deals.

I also saved the Network Log HAR for step 3. If you have a method for me to send it to you, I'm happy to provide it for your team. (Aside: Looks like session data is included in the HAR. Given I don't want to be hijacked, I'd need a more secure option than Pastebin or the like.) It pretty much just logs the 302/307 cycle you can see from the screenshot.

Message 47 of 50
latest reply

Just to note for a general audience, the 302 redirect I received was from HTTPS:// to HTTP://, while the 307 redirect is from HTTP:// to HTTPS://

I know 302s can be fixed by clearing the cache - but just to restate, I'd never visited this item before. Nothing should have been cached. And why I'd get a 302 from HTTPS:// to HTTP:// is beyond me. Malware is a possibility, but I'm generally fairly competent at avoiding it.

Either way, the HAR can provide exact timestamps that match up to server response records to confirm whether the eBay servers returned the 302 redirect or whether it was injected into the network stack by a foreign entity.

Message 48 of 50
latest reply

End of Sept. still receiving error on eBay.ca 😞
Message 49 of 50
latest reply

Me as well...

Message 50 of 50
latest reply