Glitch eBay.com & eBay.ca when searching in a store . Can't chose "Include Description" !

Hello.

This glitch is new since a couple days maybe and it's doing it on the US and Canadian site so all the part number that you have enter where it should don't do nothing because you can't find them using the search button.

Even in the regular search , let say main page using the option "Include description" some of my item don't .

I have no idea where to send this question because I haven't find anywhere on eBay a place to report "site Glitch".

[img]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii573/mpcv2000/EasyCapture1.jpg[/img] [img]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii573/mpcv2000/EasyCapture2.jpg[img]
Martin.
Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Glitch eBay.com & eBay.ca when searching in a store . Can't chose "Include Description" !

Glitch still there.

How can we report that to eBay ?

Martin.
Message 2 of 48
latest reply

not only that try searching for your items by manufacturer part numbers that you have entered in the item specifics in ebay main search box OR your ebay store... NOTHING SHOWS UP ANYMORE!!!

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

I know.

Any reason why ?

About 2 or 3 weeks ago it was working fine.

When I list items I cannot even look in my store if I have one for sale already so I may duplicate some listing + my chance of people finding my parts are getting lower and lower and also since about 3 weeks my sales went down so I don't know if it is related but it is a weird conicidence.

Martin.
Message 4 of 48
latest reply

12.09 PM Wednesday April 23rd I've decided to call eBay and surprisingly they were aware of that glitch and it has been solved Yesterday but it may take up to 48 Hours before we get back to normal .

This is a very important feature so this has to be working.

If on Friday it's not back to normal , I'll be calling them back.

Martin.
Message 5 of 48
latest reply

Let's hope it`s fixed, fingers crossed. I`ve spoken with close to a dozen ebay reps having to explain myself over and over again with no follow ups and no acknowledgement that there is in fact a glitch. I accidentally stumbled upon the glitch when I went to re-list and unpaid item and almost duplicate listed a couple weeks back. Its hard to keep control of your inventory when you can't search your own items by part number let alone potential buyers finding your listing by part number.

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

As of Friday Morning 9.10 EDT glitch is still there.

It's very annoying , I can't even find my own items in my store and my sales went way down since this is happenning .

Is it related ?

Smiley Frustrated

Martin.
Message 7 of 48
latest reply

I spoke with someone at ebay motors yesterday regarding the glitch and was once again promised a follow up even by phone the same day... nothing.

Over the past 2 weeks I have spoken to over 2 dozen ebay reps... each time having to explain mysself over and over again requesting that they keep the explanation of the problem on file, yet each and everytime there is nothing on file having to explain myself over and over.

During this time I was given a ticket number... called in with the ticket number... no ticket # on file.

Was given a ref number... called in with ref number... no reference # on file.

Was sent an e-mail by an ebay rep to keep in contact with on 16/04/2014... followed up on the email for an update on 22/04/2014... it is now 25/04/2014 and I have yet to get a response back.

ebay customer service is unresponsive with any problem at hand, sad part is there is nothing we can do.

I wont even get into the problems with unfair detailed seller ratings, thats a hole other can of worms.

Over and over the results point in the direction of no one cares. ebay.ca is in the stone age compared to ebay.com.

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

Is your sales went down too in the last 3 weeks ?

It is sad that we have been told they knew about the problem and it has been fixed ( according to them ) .

I can't beleive just a few people noticed that glitch.

EasyCapture1.jpg

Martin.
Message 9 of 48
latest reply

Sales just aren`t the same over the past year or two since ebay pushed for free shipping. 

The thing about the title and description search is it is no longer visible for sellers on ebay.ca or ebay.com.

As far as the major issue not recognizing parts numbers in the items specifics is only on ebay.ca, I can search a part number I have and a dozen listings will show up from sellers on ebay.com, but non of mine. This is beyond frustrating and completely unacceptable when we are paying for a feature that is not working.

Just spoke with another ebay rep and have another ref# on hand. 

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

I'll be calling them back on Monday but how come there is no moderators here that can forward this discussion to eBay ?

I\m still getting charge the same amount but I get way less than before , it is getting very frustating.

Martin.
Message 11 of 48
latest reply

Wow....... I just called eBay ( again ) and they told me this feature has been removed as a corporate descission so we will not be able to search in a store ( eBay.ca or eBay.com ) using "Search by description" .

I just can't beleive it.

I've been using that feature since the day it was available and I've been selling on eBay for the past 14 years.

I'm in shock right now.

I have to redo all my listings and move the part numbers & interchanges that I have inserted where eBay allow us to put the OEM part numbers in to the description of the item itself so when someone do a "advance Search" ( not in a store ) but on the main page my items will pop up .

To be honest I'm pretty **bleep** right now.

This is a very , very bad descission from eBay .

So everyone losing their time inserting OEM part number where eBay suggest us to do so because those field don't get grabbed when doing a search on eBay and even Google.

I just can't beleive I have to go thru all my listings to re-do them.

This will take me about 1 week to do that.

I'm shocked ! Man Frustrated

Martin.
Message 12 of 48
latest reply

It does not surprise me... another way to eliminate search results and search standings

Whatever information you enter in the item specifics ie. Manufacturer Part Number should still show up when someone searches that part number. Even when searched in your store. The issue still at hand is ebay.com sellers listings are showing but not our listings from ebay.ca. In that sense the search by title and description should not effect us if everything was working as it should as you could still search you inventory by part number without title and description option. 

Search your active listings in your listing activity and select item description in the drop down menu and enter what you are searching. 

Still the problem that potential buyers are not getting results when they search any information we have entered in the item specifics yet every seller on ebay.com is still enjoying the results.

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

I just can't beleive this will end up like that.
I'm not happy at all.
Martin.
Message 14 of 48
latest reply

I'm not going to give up on this.

Starting today I'll be calling daily about it.

They have to put this feature back , worst descission ever from eBay.

Martin.
Message 15 of 48
latest reply

1st call : April 29th 2014 9.31 AM EDT .

After talking for 13 minutes and 47 seconds to someone , they transfert me and the line got cut off.

9.46 am . I'm giving it a 2nd try.

This is my 5th call about this.

I will do everything to have this back .

27 minutes with this call.

I've talk to Jade and I told her I'll be calling everyday until this get resolved.

I'd like other members to call about the same problem so they will have no choice to put the feature back on.

I do more sales , they grab more cash from us and on and on.

Martin.
Message 16 of 48
latest reply

Information entered in item specifics ie. Manufacturer Part Number on ebay.ca are not visible in search results on ebay.ca or ebay.com. Yet Listings from sellers on ebay.com that have the same information / Manufacturer Part Number are visible in search results.

I've just finished speaking with someone from ebay.com and ebay.ca

Yet again explaining myself over and over and over

I just want acknowledgement that there is an issue and someone is working on it, why is that so hard.

We need to reach out to sellers by sifting through listings with Manufacturer Part Numbers and make them aware of this problem to try and get results fast.

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

This is from eBay own web site :

Item specifics

Item specifics are details about an item. For example, if you have a red sweater, the colour "red" is an item specific.

When you enter details about the item you're listing, that information is used by our search engine. We save the most commonly used item specifics so buyers can more easily find your items.

Item specifics can be added two ways: by choosing popular choices available on the drop-down list, or by typing in your own details.

• You can add a custom detail by using the Add a custom detail  Once you click it, two boxes will open. Add the name of the detail in the top box (for example, "Colour") and its specific detail (for example, "red") in the box below.

ebay item specific.jpg

Martin.
Message 18 of 48
latest reply

This option is not working anymore since 1st week of April 2014.

Is there any moderator here that care about their customer ?

eBay tell sellers to use this above feature to help us doing more sales so eBay and us can do more profits but this feature isn't working anymore.

I just can't believe no one is reading this.

My sales went down since this feature has been removed so directly eBay is making less money with me.

How hard is this thing to understand ?

Martin.
Message 19 of 48
latest reply

Today ( Thursday  April 30th 2014 ) .

I spent another 11.58 minutes on the phone with a eBay rep about that issue and like everyday ( except day 1 ) they were not aware of the issue.

So tomorrow I'll be calling back , and Saturday , and next Monday , etc.

Where are the moderators dunno.gif

Martin.
Message 20 of 48
latest reply