Hi I've opt out on pop up ads but still get "Bombarded" by Adchoice , why wont they desist?

As Subject title asked question

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi I've opt out on pop up ads but still get "Bombarded" by Adchoice , why wont they desist?

Consider installing an Adblocker.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 8.40.21 AM.png

I, myself, was reluctant to install it because I wanted to see what external ads were running in competition against my Item Descriptions but since I did install it, my pages open much more smoothly and quickly. I think it was the Christmas in July ads in February that finally broke the camel's back for me. Totally irrelevant. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

ianjuby
Community Member

My question - how did you even opt out? I didn't know this was an option!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I think what they mean by opting out of pop-up ads is some browsers have a built-in pop-up blocker which you can turn on (I say some as I don't have much browser knowledge outside the one I use, Microsoft Edge, and I don't want to claim they all do if that's not the case).

You can check your browser's settings to see if there is one built-in. If not, there may be add-ons you can download for your browser.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply