How can I contact eBay by email. I am DEAF and cannot use phone chats.

'there is no eail contact for eBay? I cannot use the phone chats (deaf!) I am asked to get a PIN before I could put in orders to buy items. Wonder if there is another way of getting the PIN. I am begiining to give up on eBay if it is not possible. NO EMAIL CONTACT? That is weird!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

If  you are using the Internet, you can register with IP (Internet Phone) Relay (like TTY Relay).  I am not sure which province you are in.   I call eBay or any hearing people through IP, very easy and free.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I just checked the Internet.  If you are in Ontario it is http://www.bell.ca/Accessibility_Services/Bell_IP_Relay.  I am in Manitoba and it is a free service for us even to call eBay at no charge. 

Try to register with Bell IP Relay.  They even have a video demo with ASL.  Try it.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@xlntpnst wrote:

'there is no eail contact for eBay? I cannot use the phone chats (deaf!) I am asked to get a PIN before I could put in orders to buy items. Wonder if there is another way of getting the PIN. I am begiining to give up on eBay if it is not possible. NO EMAIL CONTACT? That is weird!

Hi xlntpnst,

Please drop me an email with your concerns & we'll get someone from Customer Support reach out via email.

Thanks, 

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for your suggestion.

The point I made was that users should have a way to contact eBay other than by phone. There is no EMAIL US for contact in eBay which I think is not proper. Those Q&A items do not always satisfy users of their concerns. 

Users sometimes want to address issues to eBay, and not buyers/sellers.

Picking up phone and press any number suggested from unsoliciting callers would be dangerous. 

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 6
latest reply