How do I get my access code from email conformation e-mail if the page says I am not the buyer or se

I bought an item on here. paid by credit card and item arrived. All wrong. Sent item back to seller, sent seller e-mail, explaining situation and added more details of what I was looking for. Then received e-mail back from seller telling me to contact them through e-bay. Now I need an access code from my conformation e-mail, I go there click on details to get my access code, SURPRISE, error page comes up telling me I'm not the buyer or the seller and I can't access this page. So as it stands I'm out of pocket, no item, and nothing I can do. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

@jimcanfix1_3 wrote:

I bought an item on here. paid by credit card and item arrived. All wrong. Sent item back to seller, sent seller e-mail, explaining situation and added more details of what I was looking for. Then received e-mail back from seller telling me to contact them through e-bay. Now I need an access code from my conformation e-mail, I go there click on details to get my access code, SURPRISE, error page comes up telling me I'm not the buyer or the seller and I can't access this page. So as it stands I'm out of pocket, no item, and nothing I can do. 

Why do you say you need an access code from your confirmation email?  I don't know what that is. Do you still have the emails from eBay and PayPal when you bought it because those are your receipts and those are what you need.  

You should not be out of pocket if you sent the item back to the seller using a TRACKED service.  You need the tracking number to show the seller got it back.  If the seller has it back now you should have been refunded.  

If you just used a credit card and not through a PayPal account you have to call the card company 1-800 number and file a chargeback.  You will have to show them the tracking number to prove the seller has it back and has not refunded you.  The eBay PayPal Resolution Centers only work for PayPal account holders so if you plan to use eBay much it would be a good idea to set one up after this.  

Ask a Question