How do you report a flaw in the ebay "pay now" invoicing system.

Long story short. Shipping was more than expected seller advised buyer. Seller revised invoice but when buyer went to summary page and attempted to "pay now" an invoice amount came up displaying a total that included a additional fee.  The buyer got frustrated by the ebay problem resolution system and left a negative feedback. Turns out the correct invoice was sent but only available through an email account. Now the buyer is frustrated by the ebay system in trying to fix the harm done by this glitz.

Please help fix this as it is not fair that the seller (I am the buyer) be the victim.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Sorry for the confusing post. I am a little upset by the whole thing.

Is this the place to post these 2 problem?

1/ need to fix a problem were the summary page view of a buyer does not display the correct and current invoice post by the seller., This issue arose when the shipping charge was ammended  to reflect actual cost. The new invoice as veiwed through ebay warned of d an additional charge being applied? (US $38) however I later discovered that the correct invoice was sent to my email account . Why was and still is ebays invoice different. Is this the right place to get this resolved if not where or to who?

2/ I really would like to have the negative feedback removed or at least turned to neutral?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Your post is somewhat confusing but I suspect that the problem wasn't caused by a flaw but more by confusion. I am going to guess that the seller is using ebay's global shipping program (gsp) to ship internationally which should have showed you a shipping charge and import fee (if applicable) on the listing and invoice. Perhaps then the seller decided to ship the item to you directly rather than going through the gsp. It is not possible for a seller to change a gsp invoice. Once an item is purchased through the gsp the only way the seller can change the invoice so that they ship directly to the buyer is by either cancelling the sale and relisting with the new shipping price OR by sending the buyer an invoice through Paypal. It sounds as if your seller sent the invoice to you through Paypal but didn't tell you how to access that invoice.

If I have the situation right, there isn't a flaw...it is just the way ebay has set up the gsp and if neither the seller or buyer is familiar with the program, it can be confusing.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply