How to fully opt out of AdChoice.

loob0012
Community Member

I'm seriously thinking about closing account due to AdChoice. I tried to opt out of this annoying Ad but the box remains on my homepage. is there any way to uninstall it or can someone remove it from my eBay pages.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hello 'loob...',

Do you have some sort of ad blocker on your computer?  People who use the browser

Firefox like that Ad-block Plus, and for Internet Explorer users they have Pop-up Blocker.

Do you have either of these?  I'm not sure what else you mean by "AdChoice", - or if it

is something you signed on to initially?

Pop-up ads, however, are infuriating, ebay is rife with them, so you will need an ad blocker

of some sort if you haven't got one already.

You can download them free from the internet, - just use a search engine to find one to

suit your system.

And of course, - it never hurts to clear your computer's cache and cookies (temporary

internet files) and restart your computer.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Adblockplus is a free app for FireFox and google chrome browsers. It will block adchoice ads and remove from ebay pages as well as any site you visit. The app is updated a automatically with newer ads to remove them. No work for you to block most ads. You can also block many other things that you do not want to see.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply