I am very upset about how eBay handles feedback from buyers(me) & sellers

As buyers, you will undoubtedly will have seen times when an article has taken a very long time to arrive due mostly to postal services or Customs. Also what most buyers of products coming from the far East Asia is that all this "free shipping" is sent by cargotainers, and as such every year there are dozen or containers lost to the vast Pacific Ocean due to storms. Anyway I  have had parcels arrive months after purchase but by this time  eBay, has removed it from  the purchase list but if you go to example "2017", you will find the order but eBay has removed "feedback" option so on six orders now, I have contacted seller and left them however many ☆'s I deem fit because in many instances these sellers have worked with me to find or replace a missing order.  EBay needs to look into this. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

eBay only allows feedback to be left for up to 2 months. That does not allow time to leave feedback for items coming from Asian countries which can take many months. The only other option is to leave Follow-Up Feedback to the feedback that you already received from the seller.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

containers lost to the vast Pacific Ocean due to storms.

These are more likely to be 'vapourware'. Items that were never sent because they never existed.

I am a sad, twisted and cynical old lady.

The real answer is first, to opt for Air Mail and preferably tracked shipping.

Because you get what you pay for. You can have it fast or you can have it cheap.

If an item does not arrive by the last estimated date eBay gives you, open an Item Not Received dispute with eBay.

EBay pays more attention to Disputes and refunds than they do to feedback, which is not considered as part of the seller account metric.

If the item arrives after the refund, you can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay only allows feedback to be left for up to 2 months. That does not allow time to leave feedback for items coming from Asian countries which can take many months. The only other option is to leave Follow-Up Feedback to the feedback that you already received from the seller.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

containers lost to the vast Pacific Ocean due to storms.

These are more likely to be 'vapourware'. Items that were never sent because they never existed.

I am a sad, twisted and cynical old lady.

The real answer is first, to opt for Air Mail and preferably tracked shipping.

Because you get what you pay for. You can have it fast or you can have it cheap.

If an item does not arrive by the last estimated date eBay gives you, open an Item Not Received dispute with eBay.

EBay pays more attention to Disputes and refunds than they do to feedback, which is not considered as part of the seller account metric.

If the item arrives after the refund, you can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The only other option is to leave Follow-Up Feedback to the feedback that you already received from the seller.

No.

Buyers can file a Dispute with eBay for 30 days after the last estimated delivery date.

That estimatd date can be 60 days or more-- but who would buy with such an extended wait? Many people it seems.

Buyers can file a Dispute with Paypal for 180 days from PAYMENT.

That's a full six months.

Feedback is complaining to your spouse.

Disputes are filing charges with the police.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply