I have been shut out of Auctiva!!!

No sure if anyone has ever had this problem. I have 3 computers and can not load the Auctiva home page from any of the computers. I can not send a support ticket as I can not access their site. I borrowed my neighbors computer and could access from her IP address but when I brought her computer over to my place and logged it onto my network I could not access Auctiva.

It appears I have been blocked, not sure why, my account is current.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Sounds like an Internet ISP problem or your home router.

Call your ISP and have them reset your router.

Does your neighbour use the same ISP?
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Don't think it is my computer. I did a diagnose connection problem when I could not get the page to load and it said my system is fine it is a issue with auctiva. My neighbour uses a different ISP. I can load/access all my other pages - ebay etc. It is just auctiva. I could access auctiva on my neighbors computer when it was at her house - she uses Bell I use something else. When I changed her wireless to my network I could no longer access Auctiva on her system.

Any other thoughts?

Again, I appreciate any help I can get.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

On second thought you are probably right. If it can not load on mine but can on hers it has to be on my end.

Sorry, was a little frustrated and did not think the solution you offered through.

I will call my internet provider and start there. However, that will have to wait until the morning as I am too frustrated and am washing my hands of this for the evening.

Tomorrow will bring a clearer head and perhaps a sunnier disposition!

Thank you very much for your suggestion!!

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Well, now I am really perplexed! I called my ISP this morning and had them run a connectivity test, all checks out ok.

Called my router manufacturer this morning and had them test that, all is ok but I still CAN NOT LOAD AUCTIVA!

This is very frustrating! I can not open a service ticket as I can not access their site.

Does anyone else know of any other way to contact Auctiva without going through their site?

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Try www.isitdownrightnow.com and enter auctiva.com to see if the site can be seen by you
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Checked that site, says Auctiva is up but probably unavailable for me. Currently searching the web to see if I can find a telephone number to talk to anybody.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Nope. I can not access anything to do with Auctiva. It almost seems like I am blocked from their site. I tried to bring over my neighbors computer and I changed her network to mine and I was blocked from accessing through hers. When I changed her computer back over to her network I could get on. I checked my paypal and my payment to Auctiva has gone through so I am not in arrears with my account. Auctiva is the ONLY site I can not access on my computers.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

"When I changed her computer back over to her network I could get on"

SOLUTION: Use her computer to contact Auctiva and outline the problem.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I actually had ebay send them an email for me and of course I received a reply in my email with a solution in a link to their site. Since I can not access their site I can not be in contact with them. The neighbor is away for the day so I can not use her computer to communicate with them. I searched the internet and found a phone number for them. I left a message with my information and telephone so I will see if I get a callback. Have to say at this point I am pretty frustrated with Auctiva. I am now missing out on listing items. I know, I know, I can still list through ebay but the picture loader seems to take FOREVER and the listings just do not have the same layout quality that Auctiva has.
So I will put a pin in this, wait for a call back and move on to the next problem ~ bad feedback removal.
Many, many thanks for your assistance. Will keep you posted on the progress.
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I still think it is your ISP or Router since all three computers are affected.

Who is your ISP? If someone here uses the same ISP, they can try to go to auctiva.com and see if it working for you.

Auctiva.com is a name that is translated to an IP address by DNS tables run by your ISP. These tables can get messed up.

The IP address for auctiva.com is 38.113.119.86

If you copy the numbers and paste in a new browser tab and press enter, it will go to Auctiva without using DNS translation. It should change to a URL like this (I am using FireFox 31)

https://38.113.119.86/default.aspx

If it does not go, then the IP address number is blocked too

See this page for help on DNS issues

http://auctiva.com.serverdownchecker.com/

You may want to try using Google Public DNS servers. Read here

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Thanks for the help and links pocomocomputing!

I was actually able to talk to a real live Auctiva person today!!!

The internet can be a hand tool for tracking down information.

Apparently what has happened is my internet provider has blocked Auctiva. As she explained if a site is used too frenquently my internet provider views me as a spamer and blocks me from accessing that address ~ does that sound about right to you?

Not too sure about all of this as I am not a real teckie chick.

Is there a fix for this that you know about or do I have to contact my internet provider and have them remove the block?

Again, many thanks for taking the time to try and help me, I really do appreciate all your efforts.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

From your post #5 "I called my ISP this morning and had them run a connectivity test, all checks out ok."

Obviously these guys either do not know what they are doing or plainly lied to you.

You should call them again, ask to speak to the supervisor on duty and see of he can remove the block for your account.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Yes, I will be doing that.

I'm not sure if they necessarily lied to me. The lady at Auctiva said that the connection test would show that my connection is ok.

She did say they would do the basics and look no further unless asked. As I know nothing about connections, IP addresses, googly woogly or any other internet terms I would not ask them to check a specific "gateway"? Not even sure if gateway is the correct term.

I will be calling them and having them check if there is any blocks on my account.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

SUCCESS!!! FINALLY!!!! After several frustrating phone calls I finally am able to get back on Auctiva.

A great big huge thank you to pocomocomputing and pierrelebel for taking the time to help!

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Ok, so the conclusion and reason for this problem should this happen to anybody else.

My internet service provide had blocked the gateway to Auctiva. I was also having connectivity issues i.e. this page is not available.

To fix this, you must call your internet provider and have them run a "ping"  and remove the block.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply