I'm experiencing significant freezing of site

I am experiencing significant freezing of site on several computers. I am only using IE, however the issue is only happening on eBay, not on other sites. No really interested in using another system like firefox. I have also noticed that it doesn't happen while I am on the help pages, or community discussion boards etc, while on those pages my computer is quiet. As soon as I flip back to MyEbay, computer starts running harder. In other words, it seems to be an issue with pages where ads are running, in particular "long script" ads. In fact, my computer is often freezing, then giving me the message that there is a problem with the page and closing/re-opening, then it happens again another 30 seconds later. Even getting a message that the page is being closed due to a long running script. Really getting annoying and has been ongoing, getting worse for several weeks. Soon I won't bother coming on here at all. Now we can't even contact eBay for tech issues except by calling? don't have time for that nonsense.       

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

No one from eBay ever reads these boards, they are just user-to-user to try and sort things out.  There have been a couple complaints about site freezing but not many and no solutions offered yet. 

There is  Weekly Chat session for a day with an eBay employee for bugs & kinks, so if you can be as specific as possible about the glitch and explain it to an eBay rep, that person will not be able to fix it but will be able to forward the information to the tech department in charge of that sort of thing. 

The next Chat is this Wednesday December 7th. There will not be another until the new year, so don't miss it:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/bd-p/23000000073

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Yes, so have I!! It's gotten so bad that I'm using Google Chrome now... I use Internet Explorer for my printing and still occasionally browsing but as soon as run into trouble (site freezes up) I switch to GC.

I've had a Computer Tech guy come out and go through my computer and it's actually the internet site, but mostly on eBay so I don't know what the problem is.... 

Unfortunately you might have to choose another search engine.  

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

What version if IE are you running?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I have also been experiencing problems with some ebay pages running slower than usual and not functioning normally.  Noticed it about a week and a half ago.  Might be something to do with all the changes they've been making this year, like the switch to Canadian only currency.  I also noticed that lately they have been running more video ads along the bottom of pages and I wonder if this additional "content" might be a problem.

If it continues I may try another browser.  I am currently using Firefox and a few times I got a message at the top of the page saying something to the effect that a web page was slowing down my browser.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

the same thing is happening to me ,  just on ebay. ,  my computer freezes on the ebay sight only , i'm only using IE as well , but had to go to google chrome as well , my problem is the same as pr*emerald , hopefully they can find a cure for this problem

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I am having exactly the same problem. Only the ebay.ca pages and not other sites at all. Either from work, home, public library, wherever...it's just the ebay.ca pages. Not ebay.com or other ebay sites. I'm sure it's some non-ending script from some ad. It's been happening for over a week now. The entire browser (firefox, chrome, IE) will completely freeze. And if I click on something (when it's working) it just hangs or freezes. Every single time I do something, I have to close the browser, navigate back to the page and do it again.

@pr*emerald wrote:

I am experiencing significant freezing of site on several computers. I am only using IE, however the issue is only happening on eBay, not on other sites. No really interested in using another system like firefox. I have also noticed that it doesn't happen while I am on the help pages, or community discussion boards etc, while on those pages my computer is quiet. As soon as I flip back to MyEbay, computer starts running harder. In other words, it seems to be an issue with pages where ads are running, in particular "long script" ads. In fact, my computer is often freezing, then giving me the message that there is a problem with the page and closing/re-opening, then it happens again another 30 seconds later. Even getting a message that the page is being closed due to a long running script. Really getting annoying and has been ongoing, getting worse for several weeks. Soon I won't bother coming on here at all. Now we can't even contact eBay for tech issues except by calling? don't have time for that nonsense.       

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I am having the same problems...it gets so annoying and time-consuming.  Hope the problem gets fixed ...a while back a company that I used to visit a lot ( and buy from) started to have similar problems.   It got to be so unreliable and frustrating that I finally stopped visiting the site and moved on to something else. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

33nhl
Community Member

Same here happening more and more often only with Ebay no other sites issues just freaking ebay script error left and right program has to close due to website error  I believe Ebay has become a dinosaur and we all know what happened to the dinosaurs

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Having the same problem where my computer memory usage and cpu usage increase when I look at Task Manager to the point my cursor freezes and Internet Explorer stops responding. Only on eBay but with Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge. I'm worried my computer may become corrupted.

Is somebody at eBay going to figure this out?

It makes the site nearly unusable!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply