I made a mistake in a bid that I won. I do not want the item I thought it was a winter piece but it

lefeuca
Community Member

I jumped too fast at buying an item.  I thought is was a winter piece but it was a summer piece.  I do not want the item and cannot contact the seller.  I have purchase many items before and have a very good track record.  This was a mistake on my part what can I do?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I made a mistake in a bid that I won. I do not want the item I thought it was a winter piece but it

There is a Contact Seller button somewhere on the listing. Try at the bottom where it says Ask Seller a Question.

If you do not pay, the Seller may open an Unpaid Item Dispute. If you still do not pay, you will get a Strike on your buyer account. Many,perhaps most, sellers have automatic Blocks against bidders with such Strikes, making it very difficult to buy on eBay.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Contact the seller ASAP. Communication is important!
He would probably love to make a 'second chance offer' to another bidder or Relist the item and move on.

I've have a hold out buyer for a 3rd day now. It's a royal pain in the rear.
He won't even return messages and paid for another seller's item after winning this one.
Unpaid Item Dispute WILL be opened at 12:45 AM; the minute after that 4th day ends.
It will cost me more for registered shipping now as I don't trust him even if he does pay.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

... and yes, non-payers get added to the Block List.
They are a blight and scourge that need to be eradicated.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply