Is it just me getting 100s of script errors only on ebay.ca

33nhl
Community Member

I don't know lately what is going on with Ebay.ca the scripts errors just keep coming and getting worse by the day

so it just me or others seeing the same

I have been using IE 11 with Windows 8.1 64bit  and had no issues until 20th March I noticed the start up of script errors and its just getting to be a pain.

Now for Ebay.ca I have back up and using Google Chrome althought I don't get script errors on Chrome im still finding site pages to be slow to load up

Hope the IT people fix the glitch if it is on ebay.ca system

I have no other problem with IE on other sites just ebay.ca is doing this and its be driving me nuts at times when you need page to send invoice ect it just pop ups scripts non stop.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I'm not experiencing this issue with Safari. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I use IE and Chrome and am not having any problems, however I am still using Windows 7.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I am not having any issues using the latest Firefox browser on Windows 10 latest updated version.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Have you done a thorough check of your computer? Here is a copy of a post I make from time to time. I would definitely install AdBlockPlus from the list below.

-----

If you have a Windows computer, try the following one at a time and see if it helps.

For a very good free tool to clean up your computer, download CCleaner from Piriform. Run it before and after each browser session. CCleaner by defaults will remove some useful cookies that are used to store some internet site preferences you might have. You might get prompted again when you go to an internet site. No problems with eBay.

One change you should make to the default settings in CCleaner is to delete information in the past 24 hours. By default CCleaner does not delete this. If you are having issues, you need to clean all of the cookies and cache and especially the current ones since they might have the problem.

You can download the free version of CCleaner here

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Choose the free version on the left, not the trial version on the right.

I have run CCleaner for 10+ years now and have had very few issues with browsing eBay and the Internet. Computer has been responsive and fast.

Another free tool you might want to have is AdBlockPlus. It is a browser addon that blocks most annoying ads on eBay and other sites. This will speed up your browsing since eBay is full of third party moving ads today.

https://adblockplus.org/

Just download and install it. It updates automatically so you never do anything to maintain it.

Next, you might want to download and install a free malware program to check you computer for stuff that might have been installed on your computer. This program is one of the best for finding malware.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

Download the free version on the right. Run this program once and then every month or two as needed.

Last, I would recommend having more than one Internet browser installed on your computer. I use FireFox browser as my default browser and it has worked well over the years. I also have Internet Explorer installed and up to date but Internet Explorer usually has more issues with eBay and other sites so I rarely use it. I have Google Chrome browser installed as a backup browser but it has had more issues with eBay and PayPal over the years compared to FireFox. These browsers are all officially supported by eBay. I also have Opera browser installed which I find is a good Internet browser but not officially supported by eBay.

Do the above one at a time and check if they fix your issue. Still run all of them but try to find which fixes the issue. Using all of the above regularly should make your computer run faster and better than before

I hope this helps. Post back what you did and how it went so that other readers know if it helped.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

No problems here either on Firefox or safari. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Experiencing same problem with IE, a lot of script going on.

Switched to Microsoft Edge, little bit better, but I can't list new items, title and next page disappearing all the time. Ugh...

Will try Mozilla

Message 7 of 7
latest reply