July 25th issue with buyer address

n.s.stamps
Community Member

A buyer has advised me that there was an issue with the ebay site on July 25th that resulted in his mailing address being changed to an incorrect street address (the rest was correct) and mailings after this date might not be delivered properly. He only realized the issue on July 31. Is indicating that claims might be forthcoming if mail isn't delivered. Has anyone else had this issue?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

That's a new one.

Did you use tracking?

If he is in Canada, cheerfully let him know that his postal code is that of his postal worker's daily 'postal walk' and that she will probably be able to figure out the problem. If not, he can ask at the post office or postal outlet if the item has been dropped off there. Let him know if there is anything unusual about the parcel. (An advantage to using lots of old stamps that is often overlooked.)

If he is in the USA, zipcodes can take in many postal walks unless you used the four number extension. But try the same smoke and mirrors anyway.

And he should go to the incorrect address and tell them about the parcel that is coming so they can either hold it or re-address it.

Is he saying the number was wrong? Is he saying the street was wrong?

How would he know anyway?

If you shipped to the address on the PP account, you should be covered.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

He claims the street address is wrong but the PO Box etc is correct (he is in Canada). I always compare the PP address to the Ebay address to make sure things are okay. I didn't use tracking as it is lettermail and I don't normally have any issues. Like you, I feel it should be delivered without too much trouble. Hopefully I am not being set up...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Read your response carefully before you send it. It should ooze confidence. Mention the PO Box (supermailbox I suppose?) and the postal code and that the item is not going to go anywhere near his house.

You are in a staring contest here, in my opinion.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

All the worry for naught - buyer left positive feedback today for successful delivery.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yah my messages are from sombody that attempted to reroute the goods. . I saw it right away when it seemed to far to ship. . Oh and he changed his name. . Then he tried to say his payment was sent and it was total bulls **bleep**. . Then he followed me with fake names and tied up my products. He s a me nice and now I think I shipped him a 10 000dollar card for money ebay won't let me use. . **bleep**.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply