Mobile app - Purchases disappearing too early from Purchase list.

etjioe1
Community Member

This is the closest category I could find. Please direct this message to proper contacts if I've chosen the wrong category.

I have a concern about the mobile app and how purchased items are disappearing from the list of purchased items too early. Several times an item would disappear before I have been able to leave feedback. They would also disappear before the arrival due date or soon after. This does not give me a chance to contact the seller if the item has not arrived yet. I'm forced to log in to eBay website on a computer which is an inconvenience as I usually use the mobile app for everything. If I may suggest, items shouldn't disappear until feedback has been left and in turn closes the transaction. As side from insuring feedback can been given, any issues with an item can also be dealt with. Once the item disappears off the purchase list, unless you can get to a computer its almost impossible to find the item again using the mobile app. I got lucky that I had previously sent the seller a message so I was able to go to my messages and find the seller and item. But if I didn't send a message to the seller I wouldn't be able to find the item.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

etjioe1
Community Member

I've been told that purchases are removed from the purchases list after 60 days. Therefore any items that have an arrival due date or arrangement after 60 days have the potential of being removed from the list before the item arrives. Access to these purchases will have to be done through the web via a computer. I would suggest giving 90 days. This would give enough time to settle arrangements or for items to arrive. At least the my purchases will always be accessible through the eBay website.

Thanks for all your answers.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Look around on the mobile app and make sure your timer is set for the longest possible. On the desktop app, you can set this for as much as 90 days.

I would also suggest that you back this up with a note on your Calendar-- whether that is one hanging on your wall or a note on your phone.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@etjioe1 wrote:

This is the closest category I could find. Please direct this message to proper contacts if I've chosen the wrong category.

I have a concern about the mobile app and how purchased items are disappearing from the list of purchased items too early. Several times an item would disappear before I have been able to leave feedback. They would also disappear before the arrival due date or soon after. This does not give me a chance to contact the seller if the item has not arrived yet. I'm forced to log in to eBay website on a computer which is an inconvenience as I usually use the mobile app for everything. If I may suggest, items shouldn't disappear until feedback has been left and in turn closes the transaction. As side from insuring feedback can been given, any issues with an item can also be dealt with. Once the item disappears off the purchase list, unless you can get to a computer its almost impossible to find the item again using the mobile app. I got lucky that I had previously sent the seller a message so I was able to go to my messages and find the seller and item. But if I didn't send a message to the seller I wouldn't be able to find the item.

Easy solution...........................

Why not record your purchases the 'good old fashioned' way.......Get a small notebook

and write down all the information about the item purchased -

date of purchase, the item number, the amount of purchase, the seller i.d., seller email address, etc.

This only takes a minute and then when you need to refer to your purchase history,

you can just pick up your notebook, open it and your information is all there.  Quick and simple!

And as a bonus you will have this information on record until you fill up your notebook or dispose of it.(lol)

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I've never downloaded the mobile app but quite often on my iPhone it reverts to what I assume 'is' the mobile app and I hate it. I always manage to find a link though that takes me back to the classic site. If you can find that link you should not have to go to a pc to do what you are referring to.  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

etjioe1
Community Member

I've been told that purchases are removed from the purchases list after 60 days. Therefore any items that have an arrival due date or arrangement after 60 days have the potential of being removed from the list before the item arrives. Access to these purchases will have to be done through the web via a computer. I would suggest giving 90 days. This would give enough time to settle arrangements or for items to arrive. At least the my purchases will always be accessible through the eBay website.

Thanks for all your answers.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@etjioe1 wrote:

I've been told that purchases are removed from the purchases list after 60 days.

Maybe for the mobile app (which I don't use) -- the display choices for Purchases I see are Last 60 days (default choice), all of 2017, all of 2016 or all of 2015.

-..-

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

etjioe1
Community Member
The mobile app doesn't show those options. I'm able to find my purchases via the website with those options.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

But you should be able to see those views on your phone if you go to the classic site. The link is generally at the bottom of the page.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

etjioe1
Community Member
yes if I go to the classic site which defeats the purpose of using the mobile app when using a smartphone. Anyway I have accepted the fact that everything can be done through the classic site and therefore when I need to I will do so. I'm now just giving feedback on how to improve the mobile app.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply