Postal code shows as invalid.

str8jkt
Community Member

I have lived in the house I am at (newer neighborhood) for three years now.  The Postal Code is still showing as invalid on Ebay (for distance and shipping calculations).  I have to use my old Postal code from before I moved.

Any way to get Ebay to update with the latest info for this?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@str8jkt wrote:

I have lived in the house I am at (newer neighborhood) for three years now.  The Postal Code is still showing as invalid on Ebay (for distance and shipping calculations).  I have to use my old Postal code from before I moved.

Any way to get Ebay to update with the latest info for this?

Hi str8jkt,

Can you please drop me a note with your Postal Code & where you're trying to use it so we can look into the issue?

Thanks, 

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

A workaround is to use the postal code for a municipal building, like the city hall.

The system doesn't need to know your personal address- it is calculating distance. I often use K1A 0A6 for calculations, even though I don't actually live in the House of Commons on Parliament Hill.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 4
latest reply