DO I have PRIVACY when it comes to items I am buying? Can Sellers see everything even before I receive feed back ? I don't see where to set.

dwrightman519
Community Member

DO I have PRIVACY when it comes to items I am buying? Can Sellers see everything even before I receive feed back? I don't see where to set these preferences. I can understand the reviewing feedback and importance of that but I Had a couple instances where this seemed to be the case.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

DO I have PRIVACY when it comes to items I am buying? Can Sellers see everything even before I receive feed back ? I don't see where to set.

scifan57
Community Member
Anybody can see what you've purchased in the last 30 days by doing an advanced search by bidder. All you have to do is click the advanced link next to the blue search box then select by bidder,enter the user ID of the member select completed items ans click on search. This will give anybody a list of the items you bought in the last 30 days.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hello 'dwrightman',

All you can do is set your feedback to 'private', - the following link will tell you all about that:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/profile-public-private.html

But yes, if someone is still determined to see what you get up to, over on the right of the search bar is Advanced, and if you click it, you will see that your purchases can still be viewed unless a seller has the listing set up as private.  And if you decide to sell, you will have to revert back to open feedback, as sellers cannot have private feedback. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
There are likely sellers who won't want to deal with a buyer who has private feedback,thinking that they have something to hide. It's your choice,however,about whether or not to make your feedback private.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply