Feedback extortion by a seller

t1i.dsl
Community Member

I encountered an extremely rude ebay Seller, I gave it a negative feedback for its behavior, it said it would return my money but I had to give it a positive feedback, when a refused it left this slanderous follow up feedback useing my name,  this seller seems too have multiple accounts and unfortunately I ended buying from this seller twice with neither of my item ever arriving,  I would like this follow up removed 

This RUDE seller is trying to blackmail me into changing my feedback against him Seller:
)
During past month

• Reply by  (15-Apr-16 03:50):
    The people:XXXX XXXXX is a cheater, liar and racist, he send many dirty emails.
  Feedback was revised on 14-Apr-16 11:15

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

xeposter
Community Member

Wow. The seller is very mean. He should not have posted your full name to the world...

You should call eBay, explain the problem, and ask them to remove it.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I'm always surprised when members are unaware of eBay and Paypal's strong Buyer Protection programs.

If it is less than 30 days from delivery, you can still open an Item Not Received Dispute with eBay.

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

If it is more, go instead to Paypal.

PP hides its Resolution Centre at the top of your account page, under Tools.

You have a full 180 days (6 months) to open a PP Dispute.

The first suggestion is to Contact the seller. You have already done that.

Go on to the second step and escalate.

You will be required to return the unwanted items to the seller. (Some sellers will accept photos. Doublful in this case.)

• EBay thinks the seller can send you a Return Shiipping Label. Unless he is in Canada , he can't. Don't worry about it.
  • When he doesn't send the label, there is a good chance eBay will refund you anyway, give him a Defect and go after him for their money.

Paypal wants you to return the unwanted items on your own dime. With Confirmation of Delivery.

• When the item shows that it has been delivered (or attempts have been made to delivery) PP will refund you and go after the seller for their money.

You can then request the FB and Responses be removed.

BTW-- You have an awful lot of unhappy experiences based on the feedback you have left. Perhaps you should not be buying from overseas, since these seem to cause you problems.

Any FB under 99% is poor for China. Any FB under 97% is terrible anywhere in the world.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Hello 't1i.dsl',  

<<I encountered an extremely rude ebay Seller, I gave it a negative feedback for its behavior >>

Aaahh, if only in life we could plaster a red circle on someone each time that person exhibited what we believe to be rude behaviour.  . . .  Hmmm, well,  perhaps not.  

To begin, generally when speaking of persons we use personal pronouns such as "she" or "he", or as some still insist on for obviously singular subject matter, -- "they", which for all that  is still preferable to "it".  

Referring to people as "it", to say nothing of calling someone a "jerk" and blaming a seller for an item you call "cr**p" is not likely to elicit a lot of sympathy for your having experienced "rudeness".

But okay, to solve some of your problems today, choose the Help & Contact link from the top of the page and scroll down to where it says Contact Us.

Using the "Feedback" option (Buying, then After your purchase), click your way to a phone number and pass code and get that personal name removed from your feedback.  Ebay may not remove the whole mess, but posting personal information in feedback is a violation of policy.  Top of the list in the removables, "Feedback containing personally identifying information ... such as a ... real name."

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

And whilst you certainly seem familiar with how to get refunds, you may like to reflect on the length of time that your are provided in order to do so.

On ebay you have 30 days after the last estimated date of delivery in which to start a claim (start, not conclude & complete):

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html#timeframes

People who buy a lot from Asia and are happy about it (if you want to buy from there, these are the people to talk to, -- or listen to) accept that the ebay deadline may not be long enough.  

Therefore, . . .  it's Paypal to the rescue!    You have 180 days (nearly 6 months!) from when you paid to file a claim with paypal if an item does not show up.  See Section 13.5 here:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#13

So there really is no excuse for not waiting for items to arrive.  As 'femmefan' explains, those overseas sellers clearly seem to be causing you no end of grief, so you would have more fun (or at least more 'success')  if bought closer to home.  

When doing a search, enter your terms in the Search bar, and click to 'go'.  You will see a lot of that cheap Asian rubbish.  

So now from the left side of the page under Item Location, choose North America.  

Doing this will get items to you faster and will likely be a better quality (maybe).  Be sure to check the seller's feedback, however, because a lot of Asian sellers are pretending to be in Canada or the US but they still ship from China, -- meaning 2 months waiting again.

<< seller seems too have multiple accounts and unfortunately I ended buying from this seller twice with neither of my item ever arriving,>>

Most sellers have multiple accounts, - and they can have up to 8 ebay IDs on a single paypal account so it is quite common.  If you have a bad experience, you might try sending a plain and polite note to the seller and saying "Please be so kind as to add my ebay ID  to any and all selling accounts you may have so that I never make the terrible mistake from every buying from you again".

It's worth a shot. Smiley Wink

For now, though, use that Help & Contact link to call ebay and get that personal name removed.  

Best of luck.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

The negative feedbacks I have given are all to the same seller, there are only three.. it has a lot of accounts, it also never ships my items.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Yea spending time on a pay as you go cell phone comes out of my pocket, why does ebay not have an email address to report this thing
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Well I don't know what sex IT is so it's an it. it told me that it's been sending PM's to some poor soul with the same name as ME on Facebook and if the PM's are anything like the threats to me and my family I've see on my Ebay account, I feel sorry for the guy because he has no idea what he's done. this seller is nuts, I am not the only person having problems with this  ....The negative feedbacks I have given are all to the same seller, there are only three.. it has a lot of accounts, it also never ships my items

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I did make a pay pal claim but he gave them some fake tracking number and now they seem to be taking there time refunding me , this seller told me that he would refund me all my money but only if I change the feed back to a good one , I said NO , this seller is a **bleep** and ebay buyers need to know that
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

<< I don't know what sex IT is so it's an it. . . . . . . I feel sorry for the guy because he has no idea what he's done.>>

Oh, so you do seem to know that he's a he after all. Smiley Happy

<< spending time on a pay as you go cell phone comes out of my pocket, why does ebay not have an email address to report this thing>>

If that is how you have your phone service arranged it is unfortunate but calling ebay is about the only way to report problems and have feedback removed.  I suppose too many obnoxious, poorly written, shouting, and caustically vulgar messages were one of the reasons ebay discontinued the email option.  Too many people seem unable to communicate to strangers firmly but politely.  

So you will have to splurge and make the call if you want that feedback changed.  

<<The negative feedbacks I have given are all to the same seller, there are only three.. [he] has a lot of accounts,>>

I would be interested to know how you have ascertained this, -- that the 12 red circles you left were all for the same recipient.  Moreover, if you know this why would you continue to buy from someone you maintain is so dreadful?

I am sure that you would not suggest that out of the 36 feedback you left indicating at least some level of dissatisfaction that they, too, are all the same guy.

<<I did make a pay pal claim but he gave them some fake tracking number and now they seem to be taking there time refunding me>>

When you buy cheap items, as your 99¢ item with the 50¢ shipping fee, or your $1.45 item with 'free' shipping, -- there is no country on earth where the postal system offers international tracking for a buck and a half. 

See for yourself what it would cost you to mail the same item from your house to China, using a tracked (Delivery Confirmed) option:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

The number you got from the seller was a shipping number to let you know its in the mail.  At those prices it means they will be coming buy a slow boat and that means about 2 months.  

<<this seller told me that he would refund me all my money but only if I change the feed back to a good one>>

Yes, well, ya can't blame a guy for trying.  Still, if you want to have the feedback removed on the grounds that it violates ebay's policy, you will have to call via the Help & Contact link at the top of the page.

Have a look at ebay's Feedback Extortion policy so that when you call, you can calmly and politely explain specifically what it is you mean:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html#what

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

You do leave a lot of negative feedbacks.

If your eBay experience is that unsatisfactory possibly it is not the correct venue for you.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

In reply to strange*highways:
"You do leave a lot of negative feedbacks.
If your eBay experience is that unsatisfactory possibly it is not the correct venue for you."

I could've left at least 10 negs myself during the past year for late receipt, damage, poor packing, combined S&H gouging, and not received.

But I passed to avoid a possible vindictive buyer.

This seller from China has 15 negative feedback since August 2015.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I count 12 negatives not 3
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

eBay got rid of email support a while ago. It is all phone now.
Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@strange highways
't1i' is only counting the negative feedback he has left in the last month, not years ago.
Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

This seller from China has 15 negative feedback since August 2015.--   mccrim

Out of how many sales?

15 negs (or neutrals) out of 100 is terrible. 85% FB rating and low enough that eBay would have the account on their radar.

15 negs our of 1000 is not great. While 98.5% is just acceptable, the negs should be read by customers to see if there is a common problem (poor packing, bad quality, non-delivery).

15 negs out of 10 000 is unimportant. 100% FB rating. And a read of the negs would probably reveal a high percentage of the perennially dissatisfied.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply