does anyone know how to communicate with other members that bought items from a seller?

Hi, I bought a item on September 20th and the seller does not respond to any of my emails and the estimated delivery dates keeps changing. I noticed that in the feedbacks, other members have experienced the same issues with the seller. I want to know if there is a way to communicate with them to know how they resolved the issue and if they received their item.

Have you ever experienced a similar situation and what did you do?

Thank you,

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

does anyone know how to communicate with other members that bought items from a seller?

Hi I would not recommend contacting other ebay buyers directly if that is what you were thinking, plus I don't think there is any way to do that with the obscured id's. I see the Seller's commitment to ship is within 30 days of receiving payment - so you need to figure 30 days + actual delivery time. You can file an ebay money back guarantee claim for item not received or not as described within 30 days of the latest estimated arrival date OR you can file a claim through PayPal within 180 days of making a payment (you can view the actual time limit you have on your PayPal transaction record). 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Once upon a time, a long long time ago, it was possible to identify and contact other members by looking through a user's feedback but then ebay made the identity of a seller's buyers anonymous to everyone except the buyer and seller in question. 

This might be one of the reasons they did that.

While it is tempting to look for patterns of outcomes with transactions, the fairest thing to do is judge each situation on its own merit. I understand the reason you would like to reach out to your fellow buyers but it probably shouldn't be done even if it could be done. Just because something went awry with their orders (possibly) doesn't necessarily mean the same will happen to you and yours. 

If it does, we are supposed to place our faith in ebay as a governing body to put a stop to it.

Mark your estimated delivery date on the calendar and follow-up with the seller if you don't have it by that time. A seller really cannot change the estimated delivery date after your order was placed, it is up to the seller to meet their stated handling time or face the consequences from ebay if they do not. Please note 'placed' means when you paid for it, not when it was bought. There may be a delay between the two which is of the buyer's own creation. If you waited a week to pay for something, you cannot expect your seller to compensate by shipping it to you at a faster service than you paid for.

If there is a weird glitch that led to incorrect delivery estimates being displayed on the listing and/or Order Details (that is the delivery estimate that counts) then ebay itself may be to blame for it and not the seller. (There may have recently been an update to the estimates for Economy on ebay.com but I'm not 100 per cent certain of that.)

If, on the other hand, the order details say it is due for delivery by Nov. 30 but your seller says in a message or email to you that you should expect it Dec.15, that is the seller's problem. You need to go by the Order Details. It is the seller's responsibility to have their listings established correctly so that the buyer gets the correct estimate, barring some technical failing on the part of the ebay system which does happen form time to time. 

Maybe if you with back with more details about what has led you to worry (but without identifying the seller, please, as that is not allowed) we can give you more specific advice. 

But...... when I look at the last seller to have left feedback for you and wonder if this is the seller you are asking about, I understand all too well your reason to be worried. Is this a dress that you need for a certain date? If so, I would start looking at a Plan B. Buying high-end dresses from overseas for special events is, to my way of thinking, risky. You need a contingency plan. Even if you never have to use it, you need to be prepared for a non-arrival and/or a dress that does not fit its description or you. Sorry to be the bearer of that news. I am a toy seller but maybe another clothing seller on ebay.ca can give you better advice than me. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

mjwl2006 : Thank you for providing usefull information. I'm not as worried about the estimated delivery date as the I am about the seller not responding to any of my emails. I haven't received anything since September 20th. And yes the item was bought and paid on the 20th.
What I also don't understand is that the information about my purchase is not the same on both eBay.ca and eBay.com. On eBay.ca, the estimated delivery is next week and the handling time is 30 business day and shipping between 36-40 days. On eBay.com, the estimated date is the same but it's written that the seller has extented the handling time greater than 35 days
First, why is the information not the same on both site even though I'm signed in my account and which information is accurate? Also, why was I not notified that the seller has extended the handling time? If I wouldn't had logged on the eBay.com by mistake, I would've never found out....
I don't want to have my money back necessarily, I just want the status of my order.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

What date were you given on ebay.ca versus ebay.com as the latest for delivery? Has it passed? if so, go to the Resolution Centre and open an Item Not Received Case.

Sometimes sellers form overseas face a language barrier that makes it difficult for them to communicate with their customers but that in and of itself is no excuse for ignoring questions from buyers. Are you using ebay Messages to contact your seller? Replying to the emails that ebay sends you does nothing, the seller does not receive those.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

On ebay.com the estimated delivery is in december vs next week on ebay.ca.
I've always used the contact seller tab to send my emails to the seller and I would understand about the language barrier but the fact that they replied to my questions before I bought the item but do not reply since the purchase has me worried.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I certainly understand your concern. Are you able to tell which site you were logged into when you bought it? If you were logged into eBay.ca when you paid it won't matter that the seller is registered to eBay.com.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I bought it on ebay.ca. I don't see how I will receive it by next week if the item is not shipped yet...
Message 8 of 8
latest reply