Shipping Calculator

When I put the weight of 1 kg 300 grams and check the listing the calculator shows less than 500 grams.  Have reported to eBay but it still doesn't work. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Shipping Calculator

Are you having thiat problem with one of your current listings? It looks like right now your listings are set up with a flat rate that you entered,, not calculated shipping.  

When it does happen, are you saying that when you enter that weight and the dimensions the price that comes up is what the price would be if the item was 500 grams?  Can you give a specific example with weight, dimensions and the service used.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Shipping Calculator

An example would be item 182416293436 an Ayers Wool Blanket.  If on the listing page I put in Canada Post Surface 25/22/20 cm and 1.2 kg (have tried 200 - 2 and different variations of the grams) then check the calculator on the summary page it shows as less than 500 gr.  Only seems to work on a weight of under 1kg.  This means that every listing I do, I have to check the summary calculator and revise the listing with a manual weight.

Thank you for your help with this.  Appreciate it.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Shipping Calculator

That listing is using a flat rate right now as the price doesn't change regardless of the postal code used so I dont know exactly what you were seeing but I think that I know what the problem is. Regular, expedited and xpresspost use dimensional rates so if your dimensional rate is greater than the physical weight, CP uses the higher of the 2. If I enter those dimensions for the blanket on the Canada Post website calculator the price is the same for 500 grams  as it is for 1.2 kg.  So f eBay was showing you a rate of 500 grams, that was correct.

If you want to figure out the dimensional rate in Canada for regular and expedited parcel the dimensions are divided by 6000.    25x22x20 divided into 6000 =  1.83.  That means that anything under 2 kg with those dimensions is going to work out to be the same price.

i don't know if you were trying to use calculated shipping to the US for that listing but you have that you are using small packet USA but to use that the package would have to weigh under 1kg.  Small packet international can be up to 2 kg although you don't seem to have a shipping cost set up for other countries anyway.  If you are willing to ship internationally I recommend that you set u shipping for those places.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply