US Buyers Being Blocked From Buying on CA

This is the second time I have had a buyer tell me that they where not allowed to purchase a listing from my store.

No problems with their requirements.

I put them on the special exception list and they get a little further only they are being told they have to change their address or ask me to send them an invoice.

Since the item does not show up on my sold list I can't send them an invoice.

I have been to CS 4 times and each time we try a different fix. Each time my poor buyer is being told to change her address.

Her address in in Maryland, it's the same address she uses on Paypal.

They where suppose to call me back today, in 5 minutes, 4 hours ago. 

How do I get the tech crew to sort this out. They need to try to buy at least 5 items using the US view, to check across the various types of shipping.

It's not the buyers fault, it's not my fault and we would like to close this deal.

I like to wave my sword at windmills. You rarely get anywhere but it's fun to try.
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Is it possible that your customer is ordering from both the US and the Canadian site and trying to use the shopping cart?

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

I thought it was just me...The same thing has been happening as well, the only thing that worked for me was to end the listing

and then relist - Magically the buyer was then able to purchase.

I have had buyers msg me also asking if I would consider selling to the US as my listing stated I may not ship to their country.

What about the buyers who don't bother asking thinking I wont ship to them??? Many lost sales is what I am thinking.

I have been shipping worldwide since I started selling on EBay. There definitely has to be some kind of glitch somewhere...Ever since we've had to go from USD to CAD on .ca

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

No shopping, thank you for your input.

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

Whoops forgot to change sites. Dianequeenofstuff is the site that is having the problems.

Good to know we are not alone.

I'm incensed over the lose of sales. I have only sold 1 item in the last 30 days and that was to a Canadian.

My other sites are not having any problems, just the one with fees for the shop. 

(It's had a few issues that needed tech support already.)

I don't see how switching to CAD has anything to do with the problem.

More so the intensive block buyers to countries you don't want to ship to list.

I blocked all but the top 10. Probably why the first CS agent suggested unblocking all of NA and SA. 

Somehow I don't see how unblocking SA would have made much of a difference and it didn't help the issue.

No matter what you mess with in the block country list I still had a US customer unable to buy from me before I edited all the listings to block out the countries that have very poor track records when it comes to delivering.

(Even Canada Post has stopped tracking packets to Russia. They where probably paying out more in insurance than they where taking in on postage.)

That listing is the one I sold to the Canadian when I relisted it, two months later. Can't go by the relist if it's sold to your own country.

Seems they did fixed the glitch but no US sales since Jan 20 th says it didn't stick.

I'll try relisting it. But what is the point if it's only going to happen again on another listing?

Ebay needs to fix the glitch and give us back our store fees too.

I'm willing to work with them/the tech crew and help figure this out.

I have also seen other sites, one in Hong Kong I book marked before the glitch, that said they ship to Canada, but eBay said they don't. Just checked again and there is no warning to say they may not ship to my location. They fixed Hong Kong, they can fix Canada too. 

Soon, one can hope.

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

In your case the problem may be because there is no US shipping cost showing for 200+ of your items.  It's possible that the measurements you are entering in the Ebay shipping calculator are smaller than the minimum size requirements for the service thst you are using.  Quite often the min. measurementb allowed For Canadian and US parcels is different  so even if your Canadian shipping cost is showing, your  US one may not be 

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/prices/SBParcels-e.pdf

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

Measurements on the listing in question are 30, 20, 1 CM

It's a slim book.

200 grams.

We are making progress.

I relisted it as sell similar and she got to the Paypal page this time where they told her she needed the shipping cost but since it does not show up on my sold page I have no way of sending the shipping cost to her.

CS told me to have her put it in the shopping cart.

Most of us know how that's going to turn out but I did ask her to switch over to .ca and we can give it another try.

Every way we try we run into another road block.

Sigh

I like to wave my sword at windmills. You rarely get anywhere but it's fun to try.
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

I was replying to the other poster who does have a number of listings without a US shipping cost. I didn't notice any of your listings  with that same problem. Which listing are you having a problem with?  It'd odd that you have a shipping price set up and they can't pay but if they put the item in the cart they 'may' be able to request the total.

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

Yes it is odd and I have no idea if it worked because If I was that buyer after a week of trying to purchase the item I would call it quits too.

She might just be taking a break.

It was a lot of work getting as far as we did.

So when CS told me that my shipping rates where showing in the US it wasn't a fix that magically occurred?

Pooh.

You seem to be able to see the US rates, does that mean you're in the States and can try to buy an item from me so we can work together on this?

Pretty please?

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

Keeping this thread updated.

No go with the shopping cart routine.

She either had to change her address or ask for a invoice that I could still not send until it showed up on my sold page.

It was a no show again.

Enough with this nonsense, I moved it to my Doll site and the sale went through with no hassles. 

Only time will tell now if the site is able to sell to the US again. Unless someone in the States want to volunteer to try?

Refunds available. 😄

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

I'm in Canada. You can see the rates for any country on your listings...just go into the listing, click on the shipping tab, change your location and click on get rates. You may have to enter a zip code for the US, I use 92210.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

@dianequeenofstuff wrote:

Keeping this thread updated.

No go with the shopping cart routine.

She either had to change her address or ask for a invoice that I could still not send until it showed up on my sold page.

It was a no show again.

Enough with this nonsense, I moved it to my Doll site and the sale went through with no hassles. 

Only time will tell now if the site is able to sell to the US again. Unless someone in the States want to volunteer to try?

Refunds available. 😄

If she asked for an invoice from the cart, you would have been able send one.  Asking for an invoice means a buyer has committed to buy so you will see the request. There are times though when the request invoice option is not available on a cart.

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

This is what happened when she tried using the cart the second time.

"I just tried it again....it takes me back to the screen, "there is a problem....." The screen even shows the shipping charges, but I need to contact you for the shipping charges or change my address."

I tried calling CS again on Monday but a 13 minute wait time to talk to an agent...

Too busy yesterday.

They use to send us surveys to see how well things where resolved. I'm still waiting on mine.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

What is the item number?

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

I have just found the same problem in  my store also.  THIS IS AN URGENT MATTER AND I URGE ALL SELLERS TO SHARE THIS!  It is not only US based buyers it is also any buyers outside of Canada.  Canada post recently changed their shipping information requirements in the last couple of days.  They now require a phone number to ship internationally.  As we know most buyers do not have their phone number attached to their shipping information.  When a buyer tries to purchase or make an offer it tells the buyer that the seller does not ship to the buyers address!  I am currently on hold with Canada Post but I think I ma the first to call as no one seems to know.  I suggest we all call, message and post to Canada Post, Ebay Canada, Ebay and PayPal.  This is killing our sales!

Message 15 of 32
latest reply

We gave up and moved the listing to my Doll site.

Sold without any difficulty.

It's the site with the store that has been having troubles.

Most of them have cleared up but I spotted another one recently.

I did sell one thing to the States this week.

So it looks like things have cleared up a little but I'm not taking down my store header message, since the problem has happened before. 

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

I did make a sale to the States this week but there is no way of knowing if their phone number was posted.

I keep getting tossed to the main page when I click their name. Feed back Score links are not relevant.

Order detail does not list their phone number. 

Canada Post was having problems with types of shipping.

As soon as the agent asked me for my phone number, I asked her to switch back to the small packet air mail screen.

This happened a couple of times. Not today, Dolly shipped a dolly to NJ. No problem.

I did notice the agent manually switch it back to small packet but that might have been just the way it is set up.

Highest rate first.

Fingers crossed, this will right itself soon.

Railing at CS apparently is a waste of time. It took a whole 10 days of phone calls and trials, and even though they said they sent a message to the tech crew, I doubt they did much about it.

More people asking them to fix the problem is a good thing.

Canada Post is worse, unless you can talk directly to their web master... Good luck getting through to him.

Paypal doesn't care, it's not in their ball park anymore.

It's a matter of those who can, should knock on the doors of the brass.

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

I have spoken to ebay and there is an investigation now open.  the person I spoke to sees that there is a problem.  I also spoke to Canada post and although (oddly) they need to hear it from eBay to open an investigation.  I was assured the supervisors are aware and are looking into this.  I need to call Paypal back.

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

Love your screen name, always good to look at a bright future.

Lets hope we have one soon?

Thank you for your efforts.

I just tried to call CS over another glitch in the international shipping in my store.

(CS is not available atm)

A customer in Spain asked for the rates and the only rate the store shows him is the tracking rate.

I used the technique advised above and checked. 

That would explain why the Swedish buyer canceled the sale last week. Tracking rates to Europe are set only for the 1% 

$42. to track a $12. spoon to Spain is not appealing to most folks who work for a living.

Now we are being blocked from selling to the rest of the world unless they are filthy rich.

The CP tracking rates outside of the US, are beyond excessive or non existent. 

I moved the listing to another site. The shipping rates to Spain show correctly when I check.

This is definitely an eBay.ca store glitch that needs to be addressed.

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

Are you sure this is an eBay problem or is it the only option that you gave for that listing tracked packet?  If you go to this listing now and click on relist or sell similar, what options had you chosen for international shipping?  (You don't actually have to relist it, just look at your shipping options and then exit off of the page). To me it looks like the only shipping option picked for the US and other international countries was tracked packet so that is what eBay showed the buyer.   If that's the case, All you had to do was change the shipping option and price.  

Actually, you have quite a few current listings for $12.99 items such as spoons or pins that are listed with expensive tracked packet to Europe ($41)  and to the US. ($18) so you might want to edit those.

There is absolutely no difference between a listing In a store and one without a store.  If there is a listings glitch on .ca it is going to happen regardless of where the item is being shown.  In this case it looks as though you had set up different shipping options on your other id which is why the results were different.... It isn't an eBay store problem

Message 20 of 32
latest reply