US Buyers Being Blocked From Buying on CA

This is the second time I have had a buyer tell me that they where not allowed to purchase a listing from my store.

No problems with their requirements.

I put them on the special exception list and they get a little further only they are being told they have to change their address or ask me to send them an invoice.

Since the item does not show up on my sold list I can't send them an invoice.

I have been to CS 4 times and each time we try a different fix. Each time my poor buyer is being told to change her address.

Her address in in Maryland, it's the same address she uses on Paypal.

They where suppose to call me back today, in 5 minutes, 4 hours ago. 

How do I get the tech crew to sort this out. They need to try to buy at least 5 items using the US view, to check across the various types of shipping.

It's not the buyers fault, it's not my fault and we would like to close this deal.

I like to wave my sword at windmills. You rarely get anywhere but it's fun to try.
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

I suppose the only way to edit them is to remove the tracking rates.

That way eBay's coding can't screw it up!

I most certainly checked the guts of the listing. It was my first inspection of the problem.

Light packet or small packet are at the top of the two and that is what should be showing.

I like to give my customers the option of a tracking number, but if eBay is going to make my life difficult...

I like to wave my sword at windmills. You rarely get anywhere but it's fun to try.
Message 21 of 32
latest reply

Replying to my editing out the tracking rates.

Doesn't work. What you get is an error screen saying to contact the seller when viewed from the States zip. 

I'm using Spain for international shipping rates and I only see the tracking rates.

No option to see the lower rate. 

Not on all of them mind you it's very inconsistent and I do use a wide variety of shipping options. 

Free shipping really isn't a good alternative, (unless it fits through the gauge) since this site tends to favor Canadian items and the shipping rates can vary from coast to coast. If I include the rates to the States, that are a lot lower than the rates from Ont to either coast, It cuts into my profit margin big time.

Perhaps I should make all shipping to the States free and see how that turns out?

Nah, enough with this nonsense. I'll just close the store if they don't fix this soon.

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

Again it has nothing to do with the store as there are no specific store listings ve non store listings.  They are all  treated the same. Because you have a group of listings that are doing the same thing it's possible that there was a problem on 1 or 2 listings and when sell similar was used with new items the problem continued.  Perhaps a fresh set of eyes would see the problem.  Do you know how to post a screenshot?  If so, please post a screenshot of a listing with the problem (one of the ended single spoon listings) just showing the international shipping set up on the revise screen.

If you don't want t to do that and you want to relist those items, don't use sell similar or relist.  Transfer the info to a template that is working properly.  

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

I was going to do a whole set of screen captures but I had to leave before I opened another program that does screen captures after several windows 10 problems.

Absolutely nothing wrong with my listings.

If I can take a listing to another .ca site and replicate it exactly to sell it without adversity, it's the store's coding that has the problem.

So far I have had to have them remove the old logo from the store I closed 8 years ago, then I had to call back in and have all the categories show up in the listings. This is just another example of bad coding for eBay.ca stores.

Thank you for offering to help.

I do have a fair amount of experiences in selling on eBay over the past 17 years, it, (sad but true,) has been my major source of income via my top rated power seller site. 

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

I think I've figured it out.

It's the light packet rates to the States and most likely world wide that causes only the tracking rates to show. 

It's been a bear on all sites for months.

Any listing with a custom weight of 250 grams and under would freeze up and go into the drafts.

Then you could list it from your draft page.

It stopped freezing up, now the coding just kills the sale by charging the excessive tracking rate.

I don't want to switch back to free shipping for light packet items, not with the way CP is upping it's rates.

It went from $5.70 to $6.84 this Jan.

Guess I'll be on hold trying to sort this out again.

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

If there was a problem with coding many sellers would be affected by it and there have been no reports about it.  Also, it would affect all your listings with light packet on all of your id's and that isn't the case.  

I don't want to offend you but in 95%+  of the cases when there is a shipping calculator issue it is because of seller entered info and it can be difficult to figure it out.  I know that sometimes I will see what I thought I typed, instead of seeing what I actually did type so I can check it a dozem times and not see the problem.  It could be a situation like that here. If you can show a screen shot of the shipping area on one of the listings that you ended when you noticed the problem....for ex. Item 371862790732 someone might be able to see a problem.  Perhaps thst won't help but it can't hurt to try.

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

I have to agree with PJ that the issue most likely is a user error in entering data for the dimensions of the shipping service used. If you could post a screenshot of a listing that is not working properly, other members reading this topic may be able to figure out what is wrong with the listings. 

As PJ mentioned most listing shipping errors are with incorrect data or data that does not meet the minimum and maximum dimensions or weight of the shipping service selected.  It is rare for the shipping calculator to give incorrect results. More often it is a case of "garbage in, garbage out". 

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

Sorry to take so long to get back to you, my notifications where not being delivered.

NO WAY did the problem arise from my long time experience of selling on eBay.

I suspect that the person up thread got it done/the glitch fixed and I thank them most profusely.

Same listings same set up as before but not one can buy it now from anywhere in the world at a reasonable shipping rate.

No editing on my behalf required.

Thank you all for your input.

Diane

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

Similar case to mine.   Most of my sales are to the US then it seems that within one month my sales was reduced by 90%, I find it odd, something changed.  I still have the same item listings.  A get a few messages from customers who said that they get the message "doesn't ship to your location".  Even though they are in the states and I ship most of my items in the states.

The customer service reps I get are not helpful. 

Example 1 - a customer from Florida wanted to buy one of my items.   They were given the, "Doesn't ship to your area".  I phone up customer service I told him customer wants to buy, he is in the US, I permit sales to the US, why is this?  CS puts me on hold for 5 minutes and confirms that Florida is indeed in the US, and he is going to have to let tech support know and will phone me back within 24 hours.   Which never happened.  I phoned back and the new CS rep wasn't able to help, says its problem with the customers account.   Anyways I got an email from the customer, said he gave up (taking too long) and ordered else where. 

Example 2 - Got an email from someone in Maryland, US , saying that she wanted to buy my item, and Ebay said she couldn't ship to her location.  I called CS and the agent told me to edit my listing of countries that I don't sell to and to remove Central America from the list.  I informed the CS agent that Maryland isn't in Central America.  Countries like Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, etc... are.   She had to google search it to confirm.  She said that she would get tech support to look into it and will phone me back within 24 hours.   Which never happened.   I followed up the next day.  I gave the rep the reference number and asked why I wasn't called, she place me on hold, then said that she is contacting the tech department.....   Which leads me to believe that the tech department wasn't even contacted in the earlier call.   This rep claimed she fixed the issue.  I emailed the customer who wanted to buy my item and informed her that the listing should work, 26-hours later, and no reply from the customer.  I assume the customer went else where to buy.

Again I always had up the same listings nothing changed on my end.  Last 90% of my sales within a month.  Something has changed.

Why doesn't Ebay have email support?  It would be way easier and more efficient.

Why doesn't Ebay send out customer feedback emails anymore?

How does one complain about an Ebay CS rep?  There is no accountability, no way of improving the Ebay experience through feedback. 

BTW  my business phone records all calls (automatically), so there are records of these calls.... poor customer service.

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD from 2017....information may be outdated...

The issues then may not be same as now and solutions may have changed...

It may have been better to start a new thread that would draw attention to the specific issue.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply

@hal_1000 wrote:

...  A get a few messages from customers who said that they get the message "doesn't ship to your location".  Even though they are in the states and I ship most of my items in the states.

You tacked on to a ZOMBIE thread from 2017 which has a lot of out of date info.

Start a new discussion for current problems.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true/interaction-style/forum

One common problem for USA shipping is not meeting Canada Post package size minimums.

CP dimensions USA.png

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

You have 7 listings that have no shipping cost for the US and overseas. As Dennis mentioned the common problem is when you use expedited USA and the dimensions are too small for the service.  Expedited Canada allows for smaller dimensions so having a price for Canada does not mean that it will work for the US.  All 3 dimensions have to be the same or higher than the minimums. 

To see which items do not have a shipping cost showing, go to one of you listings,  click on shipping tab and change your location to the US.  Click on see rates, then click on see other listings.  If you sort your listings in price lowest to highest, the listings at the very end will show you the ones that do not have shipping specified.

What are the dimensions of one of the listing that you are having problems with?  

Which service are you stating in your listing for overseas?  Very few of your listings are showing a shipping cost for international which means buyers in those countries may not see your listings.

Message 32 of 32
latest reply