Watch list items not appearing at all!...

This has been happening for about 2 weeks now ... when I click on "Watch list", I get a message saying that I have no items, even though I have over 200!

The most common issue currently is getting "Sorry, we couldn't complete your request. Try again later." whenever I try to access "Ended" list and any other section.

I've tried deleting all eBay cookies, but nothing helps.

I use Chrome browser mainly, but the same problems also appear with Microsoft Edge browser.

Bell Canada is my ISP but haven't had any problems on any other sites but eBay.ca

How can I resolve this issue? Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Over 200 items on your Watch List?

That may be the problem right there.

If you delete a few dozen that you will never buy, it may help.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Is it possible the "watch list" has a max capacity?  More than 200 seems a lot, even if you rely on the "ending soon"  message, to buy or bid now.  You'd have to be constantly checking the status of the listings.  If you're truly interested in the items and if they're auctions, you should bid what you're willing to pay.  If it's "buy it now", you should buy it.  There's no point in watching.  When the listing ends, or if  it sells, it's gone, so you watched for nothing.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The limit for watched items used to be 200, and after you reached that limit, when you clicked "save to watch list", nothing would happen ... the system didn't allow you to save more than 200 items.

Recently, however, it has been allowing me to go beyond the 200 limit.

But, as you say, that may just be the root of the problem right there.

I'll try reducing and see what happens.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Looks like that was the problem ... I've reduced my watch list to just over 100 items and now it's working smoothly again.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I have 300 Watched items on my Watch list on two IDs and I don't have this problem. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Your watch-list should have a maximum capacity of 300 items without issue.

I have two I.D's, one has 300 and the other has 360. You can only add items past 300 by using a smart/android phone. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply