What is a bookmark on eBay ? Also, every time I try to shop on eBay it tells me l have exceeded the

My eBay page is really off, it keeps saying I have exceeded the number of requests allowed in one day ?.It seems to be a fake web site has taken over as I don't understand why I can't get on a site to buy.    Also it says I need to change my bookmark  ? I don't even know what  that is or were it is, please help.thank you.                     

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

What is a bookmark on eBay ? Also, every time I try to shop on eBay it tells me l have exceeded the

it keeps saying I have exceeded the number of requests allowed in one day ?.

EBay can be a little paternalistic.

This is a Buyer (and Seller) Protection on new accounts.

Basically eBay will not allow you to buy more than a certain number of items when you are new.

It's a Buyer Protection because many newbies are naive about how the site runs. For example a 96% positive FB seller is horrible and about to get shut down. Most newbies think that 97% is an "A" seller. Nope.

It's a seller protection because some newbies get over-excited and start making purchases they never intend to pay for.

EBay is a venue for millions of quite small vendors, and most can't afford to have their listings tied up for a week while the unpaid items get dealt with and the nitwit newbie gets kicked off the site.

There is a WATCH link on every listing. If you see something you like, put it on your Watch List. You can even use the Watch List to compare similar items for the best deal.

Also it says I need to change my bookmark  ?

Many people 'bookmark' a site so they can find it easily. My iMac has a 'bookmark' link at the top of my screen.

You may have chosen to bookmark an eBay page that doesn't work very well. Frankly that puzzles me too.

I f you look at the top right of any eBay page you will see My EBay.

There are several landing pages in that dropdown menu.

Choose one that seems useful and bookmark it by pulling down the 'bookmark' link on the left and choosing 'bookmark this page'.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Are you hitting the purchasing limit set by one or more sellers? Or are you hitting a web browser error glitch? I suspect it is the latter, as the words you use to describe the problem sound somewhat like another browser glitch users encounter.

My advice: 

1. Install and use an AdBlock program.

2. Triple-check you are 100 per cent up to date with your browser. What are you using? Some are more finicky with ebay than others.

3. Reset your Site Preferences. Clear your cache and history. Restart. 

I think yours is a version of the 'too many redirects' error we saw as a plague a few weeks ago. It's some kind of incompatibility between ebay and/or its third-party ads and browsers, to the best of my understanding as an outsider. It has not affected me directly, as I have AdBlocker installed and use Safari. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply