Why are items sold on ebay.ca from Canada sold in US dollars? Why do we have to convert every cent?

Why are items sold in Canada on ebay.ca sold in US dollars? Even the postage is in US dollars.  I'm upset about always having to pay exchange rates for US dollars when this should not be necessary.

Ebays in other countries sell in their own currency; why can't ebay.ca?  It's not fair.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Why are items sold on ebay.ca from Canada sold in US dollars? Why do we have to convert every cent?

If you are actually looking on dotCA, prices will be in Canadian dollars, no matter what currency the seller listed the item in.

If you are only seeing the price in US dollars, you are looking on the dotCOM site.

Flat rate shipping will only show in the currency that the seller set it in. Calculated Shipping will show in both currencies on dotCA.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

As for why, most Canadian sellers are selling world wide and the most understood currency is the US dollar. Canadian sales run less than 10% for most sellers.

When I list in Canadian dollars it is either because I am not allowed to sell to other countries (which happened when I was selling globes, the manufacturer had territories for sellers) or because I doubt there is much interest outside of Canada (discount postage lots for example.).

I notice that when you were selling, your prices were in US dollars.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply