bulk relist wants to charge me fees when it shouldn't

For the last little while, when I try to bulk relist stuff on ebay.com, the bulk relister has been trying to charge me insertion fees for all of them, when I had more than enough remaining free listings available this month. So I've been forced to tediously relist things on ebay.com one at a time. Just now, the same thing happened to me on ebay.ca's bulk relister. So now I have to relist EVERYTHING one at a time or risk getting charged for things that should be free. This should not be happening, and it should not be taking this long to fix.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@wonsxela wrote:

For the last little while, when I try to bulk relist stuff on ebay.com, the bulk relister has been trying to charge me insertion fees for all of them, when I had more than enough remaining free listings available this month. So I've been forced to tediously relist things on ebay.com one at a time. Just now, the same thing happened to me on ebay.ca's bulk relister. ...

Another sample point:

I just did a bulk relist on eBay.CA -- no fees charged, all came from my remaining free listings for the month.

Tech note: using an old version of firefox on a desktop computer.

-..-

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

To be clear, it's only showing the "estimated" fees. I don't know if I'd actually be charged them if I went ahead with the bulk relisting.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@wonsxela wrote:
To be clear, it's only showing the "estimated" fees. I don't know if I'd actually be charged them if I went ahead with the bulk relisting.

Here's what I see with another bulk relist:

total fees.jpg

No idea what to suggest. Especially since listing one-at-a-time works for you.

Maybe trying a bulk relist of 2 items to see what happens.

-..-

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Just did another bulk relist of 15 items.

Initial cost $0.00 (using free listings) before I modified anything.

Converted all to 5 day listings -- new total was $0.34

Checked and found one listing had a listing fee (30 cents + tax)

Converted that problem listing back to 30 day and the fee total dropped to $0.00

Changed that listing back to 5 day and the total correctly remained at $0.00

This appears to be an intermittent temporary flaw, possibly due to eBay computers not talking to each other quickly enough.

One of those problems that can make a computer tech go bald...

-..-

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This is happening to me on both .ca and .com I decided to proceed after the estimated fees and click ok.  Once the listings were listed it showed the fees charged to be $0.00.  I double checked my fees that have not been invoiced and there was no change.  Looks like a glitch but hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I tried it with just 2 items, Dennis, but the same thing happened.

Good to know, edubb101.

edit: I just tried it again with 2 items and it worked. Hopefully the problem is fixed.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

As another poster suggested if you continue to the end on bulk relist the incorrect fees should change to zero on the last screen.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply