ebay web page freezes

nor.bus
Community Member

only my ebay page freezes up quite often and I am only running the ebay page , all other sites are ok !

How do I find out what's wrong ?

Thanks

Note this is my first time into a forum , so I hope I can figure out how to find the answer when ebay emails me when someone replies ?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

ebay web page freezes

From the May 24th 2017 Weekly Session

@silverpinups wrote:

Howdy back,

When is eBay.ca going to be removing the pointless advertising (active content) from the site so users can enjoy a trouble free surfing experience without the site constantly slowing down and freezing up? 

Hi silverpinups,

Advertising is a key revenue stream for eBay and it's not going away. They shouldn't slow down the site much, so if your browse freezes or you experience slowness, it could be a browser issue. Let's get some details:

- Are you running ad blocker on your browser?

- Which browser and operating system are you using?

- Do you see the slowness across all your browsers?

Feel free to directly respond to me and I'll look into this. 

Try switching browsers, Google Chrome seems to work best. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

ebay web page freezes

I started using AdBlock Plus a few months ago and noticed a definite improvement, both on eBay and other sites. I would recommend it.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

ebay web page freezes

@nor.bus wrote:

only my ebay page freezes up quite often and I am only running the ebay page , all other sites are ok !

How do I find out what's wrong ?

Note this is my first time into a forum , so I hope I can figure out how to find the answer when ebay emails me when someone replies ?

Probably caused by badly behaving advertising on ebay.ca -- try using an ad blocker.

If it's happening on both ebay.ca AND ebay.com then it's probably bad ebay coding/bloat or DoS attacks

http://downdetector.com/status/ebay

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

ebay web page freezes

I'm finding the same thing recently.  It's getting so frustrating I'm considering using the site less,and definitely downgrading my store to minimal.  It takes forever to scroll up and down and becomes almost unusable.  It's not my laptop, as everything else I use is fine.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

ebay web page freezes

Same here. Using an ad blocker to help out otherwise I would probably stop using eBay.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

ebay web page freezes

Hard as it is to believe, sometimes it seems like Ebay is doing everything it can to alienate, and lose, all their sellers......

Message 7 of 7
latest reply