has anyone noticed a change in the layout for search results on ebay.ca?

I shop on ebay.ca alot and two days ago, when I typed in my usual search for crystal beads, that I've done a thousand times before, the page looked strange. The layout appeared different with the timer in the wrong place, the type face larger - just 'changed'. Since I'm so used to the original layout, I found I was missing bids because the timer was in the wrong spot, and time ran out on me. Oh, and the collections are gone from the side of my search page.

Is it my computer? Did ebay change something? Did I inadvertently change a setting of some sort? I want the old layout back but don't know if I'm stuck with this new one or not. HELP!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, it's not your computer or any settings within your browser. eBay.ca has decided to change the UI and push this down everyone's throat without asking first.

It sucks big time!!!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

No, it's not your computer or any settings within your browser. eBay.ca has decided to change the UI and push this down everyone's throat without asking first.

It sucks big time!!!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for responding constantwatch - and you're right, it does suck big time. I don't remember getting any advance notice for or explanation on these changes - it's almost as though us Canadian buyers mean nothing to eBay. I wonder just how much revenue we produce for the site and also, what level of revenue it would take to become important enough to receive notifications or even to be able to give input BEFORE changes take place.

Unfortunately, we have a Canadian who is fairly high up in the eBay echelons, so that pretty much guarantees we WON'T get any better service - because as a rule, Canadians always feel other countries are much more important than ours.

I'm an exception to that rule - I feel our money is just as good as anyone else's.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

cichca2
Community Member

Yeah, when I do a search my sidebar scroll disappears...I have to reduce to get to the next page and then can only see the top six items unless I reduce. I've stopped going on Ebay, it's too frustrating - only on now as I had to leave a nice comment for an item I bought before all these changes. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Me too. I used to be able to set the thumbnail size to small and see half a dozen items on the screen but now when you change the thumb size you get a different size pic in a frame sized for the large thumb and only 3 items fit on the screen. What was the point of that?

And the new Feedback page is even worse.

I'm all for making improvements but when changes are made without thinking them through like that it looks like someone in programming was trying to look busy because there wasn't any real work to do.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply