"Invalid or missing parameter" when opening a new case

zaralyth
Community Member

I have been trying to open a case about an item that was badly damaged and unusable when I received it. But everytime I follow all the steps to open a return case, even adding pictures, as soon as I click "request a return" the site gives me an error screen. "We couldn't process your request because of a technical issue. Please try again" -- Invalid or missing parameter. But I have tried and tried for two days, as soon as I received the item.

The item cost me $208 USD and took nearly three months to arrive. And it is completely broken. How am I supposed to get my money back if the seller isn't responding and I can't open a case? The item doesn't even show up in my purchase history anymore..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Until January 2015, you had only 45 days to open a Dispute.

If you purchased before January first, that may be the problem.

Go to the credit card you really paid with. Paypal is just a useful mediator. Phone the card's 1-800 customer service number and ask about a chargeback.

In future, even though the deadline has increased, don't allow a transaction to go over the original 45 days. It takes about 30 days for an item to arrive from Asia, if it has ever been sent. Less from Europe or North America.

If nothing has arrived within 20 days, send a polite note to the seller.

If nothing has arrived within 40 days (or if the seller offers a replacement) open an Item Not Recieved Dispute.

Don't accept a replacement. It won't arrive. You want your money back.

If the item actually does arrive after you have your refund, you can repay using Paypal's Send Money service.

Ask a Question