redirect off ebay page

Yesterday and today I am getting redirected right off the ebay site (not a pop-up ad or pop-under ad ... redirect completely right off the site) to a CHROME update page (which as far as I can tell  is a "fake" page) - is anyone else experiencing this problem? It has happened to me once while viewing a specific listing and then again while just scrolling through completed items in general. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

redirect off ebay page

Hi Kitsch:

I got one yesterday (Thursday) that like you took me clear out of the site. All I had to do was look at the senders address to see it was bogus. I certainly didn't open it but rather clicked the little arrow to go back and it disappeared and as yet has not re-appeared.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

redirect off ebay page

there are two parts to the problem.

1)listings that have javascript code built into the "description" portion of the web page.

2)eBay not taking ownership of complaints on their (eBay's) website.

When vendors post listings on eBay, they sometimes use 3rd party developers to create the HTML code.

It is not perfect, and instead of the vendor code pointing to vendor.picture.website.TLD, the code gets mangled either before it gets to your computer, and it has "vendor.fake.website.JPG" or GIF file, but because thio is not the official ebay website, eBay claims no ownership.

Now its responsibilit flows to that vendor.

They don't have the means to investigate, since it is a router, that mangles the code, and prevents the correct code from downloading to your web braowser.

2) take screen shots, copy url's , then open a case with eBay.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

redirect off ebay page

You may have some type of malware on your computer so try running a program like malwarebytes, it is free to download.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply