why is ebay so freaking slow

trying to update listing and system responds saving and nothing happens sits tere for 5 minutes  did it six times  and still not getting anywhere

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

It could be your computer.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

ebay is gettin worse !

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

having same issue, but i will try to restart my computer as they said

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

taange8
Community Member

mine also 😞

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@taange8 wrote:

mine also 😞

Ebay is sometimes really slow but try to restart your computer too 🙂

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@carlanderson_1 wrote:

@taange8 wrote:

mine also 😞

Ebay is sometimes really slow but try to restart your computer too 🙂

Yes I agree it's slow sometimes

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I am having the same issue.  There are times I can't  even access Ebay at all.  Says  "page unavailable".  I thought it might be just my computer, but now I' m pretty sure it's  just Ebay.  They really need to fix this problem for everyone.  Getting really frustrated sometimes.  What  else is there to do? 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Here is a post I make occasionally for issues like yours. Sometimes it helps an eBay user. You might want to try some or all of what I am posting. Perhaps you have. If you still have issues, please post back with more details on your computer like Windows Version, browser make and version, using a desktop computer or laptop or mobile device like an tablet or smartphone, or any other details that might be relevant so that others can try to help.

To minimize issues with eBay and any on the fly code changes, clear your browser cache and cookies each day or after each browser session. Old code may be in the browser cache and not cleared with the new code so eBay may not work properly because of this.

Clean your browser cache and cookies using CTRL SHIFT DELETE? Make sure you are logged out of eBay and any site and follow the popup box to clean your browser.

Warning: Clearing cookies might lose cookies for some sites that are used to store preferences for that site. I do not care since nothing is critical and prefer to not have any cookies left on my computer so I have my browsers set to remove cookies and cache upon exit from my browser session.

Do you have another browser installed? I find it is best to have another browser installed to see if a recent browser or eBay update makes my browser not work properly. I use FireFox browser as my main browser (FF works well for the past 5 years) with Google Chrome and Opera browsers as backup.

Also, I find these tools handy to clean up my Windows computer on a regular basis.

I would suggest getting free CCleaner and set to run on startup to clean your computer. Install the free version. Make sure to set it to clean all files including those within the past 24 hours (an option to set).

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Install free AdBlockPlus to block most ads in your browser. I have used it for years and many eBay members too. It works for eBay and other web sites. This tool speeds up working on eBay a lot without all the moving ads.

www.adblockplus.org

I would also suggest installing free malwarebytes to scan your computer for malware. This program is for malware only and catches many things that virus programs do not. Run once a month or so to check your computer. Install the free version.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

I have had all three installed for years as well as a internet suite for anti-virus and have had minimal issues. I still managed to get a virus in the past 10 years a couple of times (from Photobucket through their banner ads that ran Adobe Flash, I disable flash now and only turn on when I want for a site. You may want to disable Adobe Flash as well and enable only when needed). Adobe Flash is not recommended to use any more by many browsers (Google, FireFox) as it is so prone for malicious software hidden in it.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply