1987 Royal Canadian Mint proof set with both dollars. Should I sell the 7 coins separately?

mcrlmn
Community Member

1987 Royal Canadian Mint proof set with both silver and nickel dollars.

Has original booklet case and box and COA.

This set includes the Canadian cent, nickel, dime, quarter, half dollar, dollar, and the silver dollar.

Sell it complete or  sell the 7 coins separately?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

1987 Royal Canadian Mint proof set with both dollars. Should I sell the 7 coins separately?

To determine the best way to proceed, why don't you take a look at the 60 listings completed in the last month or so (you will notice that most have not sold while a few did sell):

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=1987+royal+canadian+mint+proof&LH_Complete=1&r...

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You would have to search to see if and how much the sets are selling for and then search for the individual coins to see if they are selling for more on their own.  I know that for some years the individual coins can go more fore than the sets. 

Or you could search for 1987 proof Canada under sold listings you will see both the sets and individual coins.  If you search under completed listings you will see how many of those items did sell and didn't sell. (the ones with a green dollar value sold)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

To determine the best way to proceed, why don't you take a look at the 60 listings completed in the last month or so (you will notice that most have not sold while a few did sell):

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=1987+royal+canadian+mint+proof&LH_Complete=1&r...

Good Luck

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You would have to search to see if and how much the sets are selling for and then search for the individual coins to see if they are selling for more on their own.  I know that for some years the individual coins can go more fore than the sets. 

Or you could search for 1987 proof Canada under sold listings you will see both the sets and individual coins.  If you search under completed listings you will see how many of those items did sell and didn't sell. (the ones with a green dollar value sold)

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks very much for the feedback!

I did do the background searches before posting.

The answer was pretty obvious, and the same as you've reiterated.

It just seems breaking up the set is such a shame.

I had it given to me at work in 1987.

Opened it once, then was long forgotten in my parent's attic for the past 27 years

I collect Canada 1 cent coins, nickels, and dollars now.

So I guess I'll swap out to improve my collection... Then sell the rest.

Guess I already knew the answer. Just didn't want to accept it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply